Both girl's heart rates continue to be strong.
My levels look good.
Both girl's hate being monitored with the non-stress test about as much as I do. One of them always jumps off the monitor or kicks the other one off. While I love getting to hear their heartbeats each week, I officially dread laying there, on a hard exam table, on my side, with gel all over my belly (by the end), praying my hips don't crack and stomach doesn't split open, all the while watching the girls literally jump on and off the monitor! Even my OB came in today and said, I think we've tortured you enough! Seriously!
I did get a few answers today:
- If I go into labor right now, they will try to stop it up to 36 weeks.
- If my water breaks, they will deliver the babies (this starts at 34 weeks) because the risk of infection is greater than the risk of prematurity. (I knew this about singleton pregnancies, but I've read many cases where they have held off on delivering multiples up to 2 weeks even after water has broken if there is still enough fluid for the baby...wow!)
- At 34 weeks, the number of healthy babies born is now equivalent to the number of unwell babies that are born.
- The new recommendation is to not schedule a c-section/induction until 39 weeks with twins. I near about fell off the table when he told me this...but if Addie's delivery is any indication of this one, then I'll probably go into labor earlier than that. (not that anything about this pregnancy has been even close to the one with Addie...but still.) That puts our target dates from April 12th (35 weeks) to May 10th (scheduled section at 39 weeks).
So now we play the waiting game! Monday is a huge milestone at 35 weeks and the following Monday (36 weeks) is even bigger. We continue to pray that these girls would grow and develop, that the perfect doctor will be on call if they decide to arrive before my scheduled section, that they would turn to be head down if that's the best means of delivery for them, and to prepare all of our hearts and minds for their arrival!
Love to you all!
I get so excited to read each updated post! I'm still thrilled for you all as you pass each and every milestone that you "set up" months and months ago! You & your precious twins (& Addie & Paul of course) will be in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteStay put, precious baby girls! Anna, hang in there. I know it's uncomfortable, but every day matters so much. You're doing God's work incubating those sweet babies!!!!! It's all going to be worth it when you get those "take-home babies" here in a few weeks (but not inducing/c-sectioning until 39 weeks? I almost fell off the couch at that one. Whoa!). Praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh, Anna!! I am so so so excited for you. Reading your blog is taking me back to last summer before Will was born. I was so worried about Bennett, transitions, and so many other things. I am praying for you and I cannot wait to "meet" the twins.
ReplyDelete