First of all, make sure to go here and guess when you think the girls will arrive! All of you, grandparents, long-time friends, and non-commenting "blog stalkers" (as you call yourselves ;) too! There's a prize involved!
I both love and dislike when Addie does this...but she actually asked me to take her picture here, so how could I object!?! Maybe her relationship w/ the camera is improving! Not sure how she's going to react to my new big camera...but more about that later!
My appointment went well yesterday, and both girls heart rates were fabulous on the non-stress test. I'm having stronger contractions, but nothing to be overly concerned about. My OB did move my scheduled c-section date up to May 3rd. Whoohoo is all I can say! I gathered that he's concerned about my scar from the surgery combined with the size of the girls. I am still wishfully hoping that I will just go into labor sometimes during week 37 and not even make it to that point! BUT, the longer these little girls stay put, the stronger their little lungs will be. And that's worth every minute of uncomfortable aches, racing to the potty, shortness of breath, dizziness, and crazy blood pressure jumps.
We got a surprise ultrasound yesterday too. I won't share details since everyone is guessing weights; I'll just say that it once again confirmed why I'm exhausted and uncomfortable carrying this much baby around!
But the tech got some great shots of the girls. I could just sit and watch them all day! They were (as usual) very active, still very breech/transverse, and growing bigger by the minute (ok, that's an exaggeration, but it's how I feel!).
Here's Baby A: perfect little profile!
Here's Baby B: perfect little profile + a hand sticking up there on the left!
And here are their heads. This is the best the tech could get of them both on the same screen because of their position and size.
And you can go here to see a 36 week 1 day belly picture! I promised myself that if I made it this far, I'd have to take another one! Kinda interesting compared to 33 weeks + 2 days and 28 weeks + 1 day! And I felt big then! Ha! They are just growing farther and farther out front, but growing babies means maturing lungs!!!
Happy Wednesday!




You look GREAT!! Love your camera strap! Where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteYay!! You look fabulous and I am so happy you have made it this far. These little girls are absolute miracles and so incredibly blessed and loved already.
ReplyDeleteAnd that picture of Addie to to die for. What a fun girl!
ok, most important: praise god for yet another great appointment (and a c-section date that got moved up!)
ReplyDeleteless important (but you know i'm dying to get the scoop): WHAT NEW CAMERA?!? ;-)
love you lots,
al
Wow, you look great!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear the girls are doing so well! I can't wait to see their little faces :) I can't believe you are almost done with this pregnancy..it's gone so fast! haha for me that is :)
I think I'm off to go guess when the girls will be born and how much they'll weigh. I wasn't going to b/c I'm bad at guessing and I never win contests.. but hey, it'll be fun just to guess!
Keep hanging in there, mama...not much longer!
So glad you got the date moved up ... that is my test date -- I hope we both have good luck on May 3rd! :) Love you and cannot wait for those two little ones to get here!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Anita
You look so cute!!!
ReplyDelete