Saturday, April 24

Walk of LIfe 2010

bIMG_8360

My mom and Addie walked in the Walk of Life sponsored by the Joy to Life Foundation last Saturday. I registered because I wanted the t-shirt to support the cause, but I was pretty incapable of walking. There are all sorts of prizes and goodies for walkers. When my mom tried to get mine (while holding my number), they started to give her a hard time. Once she informed them that I was at home, almost 36 weeks pregnant with twins, they changed their tune! :)

bIMG_8325

Two years ago, I took this picture at the Walk of Life. Two years ago that feel like two days ago. My mom has been a breast cancer survivor for 3 and half years now. Again...that sometimes feels more like 3 and half days ago. I am so thankful that she is here with us and can take Addie to walk in a benefit for such a wonderful cause! What a blessing!

Addie had a blast, and I got some sweet pictures of her when she got home!
bIMG_8358
And how can you not have fun when there's a ball involved!
bIMG_8326
As I started going through pictures of Addie from the last year, I realized I had NONE with my mom! Sad! So I'm making a conscious effort to get more of them together! ...and this has to be one of my favorites!

bIMG_8341

Don't forget to go here if you haven't already and leave a comment with your guess as to when our girls will arrive!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you are getting Addie involved so early in such an important cause. That is such a wonderful way to raise awareness. And I love the picture of her with your Mom. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how tall she is getting...and that she was able to walk with your mom. That is so great...much love, xomargaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mom and am so thankful that she's a survivor!

    ReplyDelete