As you might remember, our family headed down to Gulf Shores about a month ago to visit Papa Ray (my dad) and Mama Pat.
My brother and his wife and their son along with Pat's daughter and her husband and their son also joined us. The weather was gorgeous! The timing was perfect. The food was fabulous. And the time spent with family was priceless.
I'll go ahead and warn you that these next few posts will contain a plethora of pictures. Like an absurd amount of pictures. And an even more absurd amount of the pictures are our girls. Because, well, I was with them 24/7, so naturally, I'd be a little top heavy on pictures of our little ones! But enough of that!
Addie and I started the morning with a walk on the beach to look for shells.
But it didn't take long for us all to hit the beach (pictures to come) and then the pool.
Addie loves "swimming" with her puddle jumper. We will be investing in another couple of those for the baby girls by next summer! I kept the picture on the right bc she was SO far away from us and just as comfortable in the pool as could be! I finally strapped the little girls together, and they had a blast sharing their ducks and floating in the water (supervised of course!).
We we so excited to get to meet baby Tucker! He is almost 4 months old here, and I'm pretty sure he's as big (or bigger) than Addie was at that age! He is absolutely adorable and has the sweetest, squishiest kissable cheeks!!! He was such a good baby, and we loved spending time with Uncle Judson, Aunt Anna, and him.
My brother, Judson, found a crab trap on the bay side of the property. Tyler, Pat's oldest grandson (above left. i pointed my camera at him and without saying anything, that's what i got! love it!), came with us to help bate it with the yuckiest meat patty I've ever seen! We decided it probably wouldn't even disintegrate in the water because it was so overly processed!
But it worked! That night Judson and Tyler went back to find quite the crab! Of course, given that it was from the bay, which was apparently one of the last hurricane's dumping grounds and was sealed up right after the oil spill (so sat stagnant for a while), we didn't opt to eat this crab! Oh, and there was one of him and 15 of us...
Addie thought she was hot stuff riding on the back of Tucker's stroller with Uncle Judson pushing. (notice our blue heron friend who landed on top of the pier pavilion).
But I think this is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend. I found Addie sitting on the floor next to baby Tucker being super sweet to him! Love them both!
More from the beach to come!









No comments:
Post a Comment