Our time in Gulf Shores was laid back, relaxing, and enjoyable. We spent time with family on the beach, at Lulu's, and sitting on the balcony listening to the waves. The one request from Papa Ray and Mama Pat was a picture of everyone wearing their favorite team colors. Our family? Bulldogs, Elephants, and Tigers. Everyone else? Elephants, Tigers, and Tarheels. Unfortunately {grin}, the Elephants outnumbered everyone 9 to 6. Notice I said outnumbered...not won! ;)
I know for a fact that it takes a downright miracle to capture an even semi-decent family shot of the five of us.
Try throwing in 6 more adults, another kid and a baby...
AND two dogs!!!
And it's down right impossible!
I quit trying to transplant heads and move eyes and just kept the moments as they were.
Because that's what it's all about, capturing the moments: the silliness. the complete absurdity (of holding a 25lb baby on each hip for a good 10 minutes!). the tears and the laughter. the smiles and the closeness. the moment.
We started with Pat's daughter and her family and added my dad and Pat (and Bama Girl of course!)
My poor dad was seriously outnumbered here!
I then handed my camera over to Charlene (thank you Charlene and Sara for being such patient, wonderful photographers!), and we added the Root kids and their families.
Squirming toddlers, cranky preschoolers, teary babies, and distracted canines...
And out went the Moseley's and dad so we could grab some shots of my brother and me and our families. By then, my arms were aching; but Anne Perry and Audrey Kate weren't budging. My favorite {outtake} is the first one where I'm desperately trying to rearrange babies and failing miserably!
But I thought this one turned out pretty cute :)
...except Guinness (the dog) got distracted by something on the beach. oh well. :)
I jumped back behind my camera to get a few shots of my absolutely adorably handsome nephew, Tucker, and his beautiful mama and daddy!
But before that, we attempted to grab some of the Root kids, their families, and Papa Ray and Mama Pat.
I will admit though that is has to be the funniest of them all. My dad and Pat calmly smiling (you know: don't look at the kids, look at the camera so when the kids do look, we'll get everyone looking!) but with complete chaos going on behind them! I will admit they were a photographers dream. Us on the other hand...
...we captured the moments.
So Successful it was deemed.
Papa Ray and Mama Pat, thank you for hosting us for the weekend, providing some seriously delicious meals, and creating an enjoyable environment for everyone! We loved spending time with all of you!







that last one is a riot!! it looks like two completely different pictures going...one nice and calm picture up front and one, um, less-than-calm picture in the back. :-) girl, i feel your pain!!
ReplyDelete