Wednesday, September 26

Yesterday

I'm not sure how to even describe yesterday.

An excellent episode of A Day In the Life of Us. Stellar ratings I might add.

It started off with Audrey Kate sticking a cheerio in her nose. Way, way, way up in her nose. It wasn't coming out. And I just threw out all of our bulb syringes, because, let's face it, they're pretty yucky!

So what'd we do? Sucked it out with a turkey baster, naturally.

Then we converted the little girls cribs into Toddler Beds. This house has had a crib in it for almost the past 5 years.

The crib slats and changing table were put in the rearranged attic. Done. All before 8am!

After breakfast, we decided to go outside and paint fingernails and toenails.

But the little girls kept playing with the front door. Click. I heard it and I knew something wasn't right. Audrey Kate was inside and the door wouldn't budge. They had flipped a switch in our very old door to make it completely inaccessible from the outside without a key. She started to panic. I begged her to open the door. It wasn't happening.

We've had gorgeous weather here recently, and we've taken full advantage of wide open windows and no AC. I knew we had a window that was unlocked, but I couldnt get the screen off. I grabbed a handshovel from the "garage" and pried the screen off, pushed the window up, and crawled in.

Did i mention i was still in my pajamas?

Before I could gather everyone, including Finn, Anne Perry shut Audrey Kate's fingers in the door. Hard. 

Despite my determination that they would watch tv until lunch and all take a nap, it only got better.

I stuck my finger in poop while changing Anne Perry. She'd already had 2 accidents. Audrey Kate had an accident on the sofa. Pooped in her panties. And another one on the bathroom floor, where she slipped and fell hard all in it. We went to all pull ups. No panties. And I tried hard to put them in a bubble for their own protection!

Right before lunch, we did a little school. Addie did math and the little girls played a few busy bag games (yes, post to come!). It took every ounce of patience i had left!

But while everyone napped, I heard Fuzz in the kitchen doing the going-to-throw-up gag. I let it go for a minute, but by the time i got in there, it was seeping underneath the cabinets. And it looked like about 3 cats had thrown up instead of one.

And we ended our 5 star episode with Paul taking Addie to soccer, where he's basically coaching the team, while I stayed home with the little girls. We had a fun bath time, extra stories, and lots of snuggles.
But I'm really not complaining. I get to do these days with my girls: the fun ones, the mundane ones, and the hard ones. And I'm so thankful. I'm so thankful this works for our family. 

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

3 comments:

  1. ok, i was chuckling (not AT you but WITH you b/c i've so had days like this!) until AK sprawled out in the bathroom and then i started laughing out loud. oh my goodness...can this seriously all be in ONE DAY?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Anna. You are just sweetness personified. How could you NOT be complaining? I would have complained all day and then locked myself in my room that night with a mug of chai tea, a book, and a huge do not disturb sign! I hope today was a much much better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh baby -- that's a good one. Glad you have recorded it for posterity, and that no one got stitches.

    ReplyDelete