
I mean seriously people, why do we let others (many of which are far less educated and knowledgeable, at least regarding our child) place doubt in our minds about our children?
Well, Addie has been cruising around objects for months now.
Couch to chair.
Chair to couch.
Couch to toy.
Toy to climber.
Climber to activity table.
You get my point.
She's gotten increasingly more stable in her independent standing (when she wants to) and can even dance without holding on. She's managed to take a few steps getting from one object to another or towards a mirror...as long as she's headed towards something that will catch her. However, moving from an object into an open area hasn't happened...
...until today!
She let go of the chair.
The arms went out for balance.
She swayed back and forth a little.
Thought about it.
And then it happened...
she picked up tiny her foot and took
one. then two. itty. bitty
STEPs...
right before she took what appeared to be an intentional nose dive towards the floor catching herself with her arms as she scurried away on her hands and knees faster than some
So...is she walking? Not really. Will she be walking soon? Probably. Am I really concerned about her development? Definitely not! It's not like her gross motor skills are lacking when she can roll, toss, and catch a ball. Nah. She may look like a 2 year old, but she's still my baby 1 year old!
Below is a video that we took a few weeks ago. Even though it's old, I figured it was still fun to see!
YEAAAHHHHH!!! That is so exciting! She is SO perfect!!! Don't let anyone convince of you anything else! She is such a doll! I LOVE the videos! They are so fun to watch! Savannah wouldn't even stand independently until she took her first few steps! She would always sit down if we let go of her hand! She was- and is - very cautious about new things! She was 13 months exactly when she took her first few tiny steps! We miss you guys terribly! I wish we lived closer! The girls would have so much fun together! Have a very Happy Easter! We love you! - Julie
ReplyDeleteLoved the blog entry! I can so clearly remember everybody's baby walking but mine!! She's a fully-functional very gifted and intelligent adult now :) And I can tell you that Miss Addie is PLENTY smart! Elijah took 2 steps this week, too.
ReplyDeleteshe will totally walk when she's ready- caroline was 14 months & looked like she would be ready ANY MINUTE for at least 3 months. and then she just randomly started doing it one day- in a hotel room, or all places. it's a fun milestone- keep that camera ready, momma!
ReplyDeleteYAY Addie!!!! She did it!!!! :-) This just gave me chills! I know you are so proud! What an amazing milestone! AB isn't walking yet either. I know that she is capable of walking, she just doesn't want to. And that's okay with me! :-) I can't wait to see pictures and videos!
ReplyDeleteHooray!! Yup, every baby I know is going to be walking before Isabel! :-) I'm so excited for little Addie...she'll be really booking it in no time.
ReplyDeleteWe love you all!
allison
It is SO tempting to compare at what age you were doing stuff as to when you baby is doing it, but you totally have the right attitude about it. I am SO proud of Addie. Bennett has been doing the same thing for several weeks, but is still not walking. She will stand on her own for about a minute and take a few wobble steps, but then she's back to crawling. I've taken the approach of she will be into everything once she can walk, so maybe it's better this way. :-) Just keep the camera charged at all times and be ready to post so we can all cheer with you!!
ReplyDelete