Monday, November 16

14 Weeks

As of today, we're officially out of the 1st trimester and into the 2nd.

14 weeks!

Always a milestone with a pregnancy...especially this one!

My 2nd trimester with Addie was fabulous. I ate like there was no tomorrow. That nesting instinct kicked in, and I got more done than I ever dreamed. And bottom line, I felt great!

Not that anything with this pregnancy has been like my pregnancy with Addie. But we're going to go with the above for the 2nd trimester anyway!

For the last few days, I've consistently shown that I've gained 4 pounds! Now...I'm still down 6, but we're on the way up instead of staying constant. I looked down the other day and realized I was a little wider than before and have a wonderful little pooch that's started sticking out! Yippee!

Each week, Paul and I get an email from babycenter.com (highly recommend the site if you haven't been there before) about our babies development. I don't normally post them; but like I said, this is a milestone week!

Here are a few facts about our twins:
  • They can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, possibly suck their thumb, and grasp! (and we know Baby B can rub her little face!)
  • From head to bottom, they measures 3 1/2 inches - about the size of a lemon - and they weighs 1 1/2 ounces each.
  • Their bodies' are growing faster than their heads, which now sit upon more distinct necks. By the end of this week, their arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of their body. (Their legs still have some lengthening to do.)
  • Their livers start making bile this week — a sign that they're doing their job right — and their spleens start helping in the production of red blood cells.
  • Though you can't feel their tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilists' hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.
You might have noticed the widget on the sidebar of the twins floating around.

This is how they started out looking:



And this is more what they look like now!



Yes, it utterly and completely fascinates me!

My goals for this week were to not throw-up and take some pictures! I only threw-up once (I'll take that!), but I didnt manage to get any pictures. However, we did go to Birmingham to visit our friends the Lewis' where Allison took some fabulous pictures and we had a delicious dinner! I figure I can call that a success!

Addie's eating significantly better, and she's waking up less at night. Although now it's gone from 5-6 times a night to 2-3. Still not fun. Period! She's more affectionate than she's ever been before, and I just love it!

Addie did end up falling and scraping her knees Saturday before dinner. I think this was the first time she's hurt herself and been able to label it. An owie she has, and she knows how to use it for all it's worth! Paul said she asked for milk in the car and all he had was water. So her reaction: owie, owie, owie! I was clipping her very long fingernails and toenails the other day; and each time I would clip, she woulds softly say "ow!" I think after her fall, she really knows what an owie is now!

But my favorite is when you ask her for a kiss. If it's not her idea, she'll put her hand over her face/on her head like you've just asked a 10 year old to clean her room and dramatically let out a big sigh or yell. Goodness. Maybe she'll be our only drama queen between the three of them! I haven't a clue where she could have gotten it from!

Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

Every good and perfect gift is from above...
James 1:17a

No comments:

Post a Comment