Sunday, November 8

What A Weekend!

It's been 3 weeks since my surgery. I seem to measure time in before and after the surgery. Life changed so much!

I'm so tired of only blogging words! I started this blog with only pictures...and then I got wordy, but at least I still had the pictures! I want to be taking pictures so badly right now, but I just don't have the energy yet. I get out of breath when I walk to the kitchen. I feel like I'm missing so much of Addie growing up since the morning sickness started and then the surgery. It makes me sad...

...but I'm so thankful to be able to at least witness it all!

We had great plans for our weekend! Paul's mom was coming to help us, and Paul was going to clear out the guest bedroom of furniture so they could start putting the 2nd baby bed together. It would give us more storage space to get ready for these twins...

...but other plans were had.

Paul ended up with a horrible stomach virus by Friday. He was miserable to say the least! My mom had to stay with us Thursday night to give him a break from getting up with Addie. She ended up spending the next 2 nights with us as well. You know...because when Paul's sick and shouldn't be getting up with Addie and I'm not allowed to pick her up, we've got a problem. I am so thankful for Addie's relationship with my mom! I'm so thankful that she loves her and is so comfortable around her. I think Addie would be in much worse shape if this wasn't the case.

Addie's still getting up 3-4 times a night. It's like she's taking naps all night long. Every 2-3 hours she's up, which means we're up. It's exhausting. It's almost like she's afraid to go to sleep sometimes. She's restless and twitches in her sleep. When I saw her pediatrician on Wednesday, I told her that I wasn't worried about Addie's verbal skills. I wasn't worried about her gross or even her fine motor skills. But oh my word, would she please make my child sleep? She agreed that we were doing the right thing for now, given that Addie's little world has been turned flat upside down.

I'll be home with her all next week though. I'm praying that the consistency will pay off. I'm praying I have the energy to keep up with her! She's already started eating better for my mom. Let's hope that will transfer to us! And we all know a full tummy makes for better sleep! Right? Just say yes!

I've been feeling significantly better. With the progesterone shots out of my system, I've felt so much better. Until last night. I got in the car to run get milk shakes with my mom and was cleaning out some cheerios from the seat. It was all over. Cheerios? They weren't even mushy! I was so mad! I had gone almost 5 whole days without throwing up! So, I'll start the count over with today!

And that's about it. I know it's boring. I know you're probably tired of hearing surgery updates. But my goals this weeks are to 1.) care for Addie, 2.) not throw up, and 3.) take some pictures!

Here are a few more prayer requests:
  • Paul's and my mom's health! They are both feeling run down and exhausted! I cannot care for Addie without them! Please pray for their rapid recovery!
  • Addie's sleeping (and eating). All I can say is that this too shall pass!
  • The twins. Their health and well being.
  • My energy. It takes nothing to wear me out! I still can't stand up and talk without getting out of breath. Thankfully I'd started working with Addie before the surgery on getting into her car seat and picking her things up. It has paid off!
  • Weight gain for me! I know these babies are getting all the nutrients they need, but I know I'm not! I'm still hovering around the -10lb level and haven't been able to put any on. No one (thankfully), including my doctors, are fussing; but it's so frustrating to me because I'm hungry and want to eat but can't always!
  • We have an appointment with my OB on Thursday as well as an ultrasound. Please pray for a good report and healthy babies!
Thank you for continuing to pray for our family! I promise to get some pictures up sooner than later! Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how many prayers are being lifted up for you. Thank you for your honesty as always, and I like your words. :-) I think they are always encouraging, honest, and uplifting. Praying for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read through some of your story...wow! I will say a prayer for you, your family, and your appointment thursday. God is so Good! And you have a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete