ok. ya'll are just awesome! i think we had something like 42 votes on our little bedding survey! now I know how to get advice from ya'll. don't ask for comments...just do a survey! ;)
but seriously! thank you so much for your feedback!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I'm sure we'll all have Christmas posts to come (mine a little later than others!). Ours won't be up before the new year, but they'll be up soon after!
I did want to let you know what we decided on bedding. As much as I wanted to make the twins bedding, I just knew we couldn't. And we were looking at spending a small fortune with the fabric we'd chosen. As much as I wanted to just buy it, I just couldnt seem to find the right thing either.
So I got on etsy.com. I'm sure most of you are familiar with that site...all things handmade. The sellers are typically amazing, love what they do, and love to work with their buyers. I found some beautiful custom made bedding sets for around three times what I was willing to (or could) pay.
Until I finally found the greatest fabric with a seller who was reasonable:
And after much deliberation and many emails to my friends Rachel and Mandy, mother-in-law, and mom, we finally came up with a plan!
The girl's crib bumpers will be made from the fabric above. It will be backed in a light pink snuggle fabric to soften things a bit.
We'd plan to also use the fabric below for the 2nd bumper pads, but it has a blueish background, so I opted to stick with the one above for the bumpers. We'll use this one for a changing table cover my mom can make.
And then the crib skirt: instead of using this green stripe fabric as the entire crib skirt, the majority of the skirt will be white with a small 3-4 inch band at the bottom in the coordinating fabric below. This was a great suggestion from my friend Rachel! I think it will also soften things up a bit.
We were also able to order extra fabric. Paul's mom made Addie a beautiful coordinating crib quilt for her bedding, and she's planning to do one for each of the girls! What a special treasure for each of them to have forever! My mom and I plan to use some of the fabric for valences and pillows here and there too.
So that its. Order placed before Christmas! I'm so excited and can't wait to show you the finished product when it arrives.
Now to get the room ready: clean up the Christmas wrapping (done), pack away the books (almost done), reorganize clothes (working on it now), put together the 2nd crib, paint Addie's dresser, take apart Addie's bed, put up her new bed, teach her to sleep in a big girl bed, reassemble Addie's crib in the twin's room, move the changing table and Addie's old dresser, and decorate the twin's room.
Then we'll be all ready for them to arrive...
(Christmas posts and pictures emailed to family to come...I promise!)



LOVE it! love it all!!! i'd love to come help you scratch some things off of your to-do list. how about next week?
ReplyDeleteGeez Louise -- you're farther ahead than we are, and our boys will be here first! Love the bedding, so cute.
ReplyDeleteLove the bedding fabric! I hope you are feeling well. I will be MIA for the next few weeks, but after the 25th, my test will be over and you can let me know if I can help you with anything! Love you!
ReplyDeleteAnita
Wow! Those fabrics are beautiful. Great find :)
ReplyDeleteWhat about some baby bump pics?
yay! great choices, anna- you'll be SO happy with those fabrics. and so will your girlies!
ReplyDeletehappy new year friend- love you!
rachel