The fabrics that I loved for the girl's room had bold, bright colors. Pinks. Greens. Blues. Bold. I chose bold colors because of what these girls have already been through. They are bold, brave, and fighters. That was my logic at least.
After searching through no less than 40 sites and hundreds of beddings, I came to a very difficult conclusion. Part of my pregnancy symptoms include (in addition to double sneezing throughout the day, wanting to eat like I'm eating for way more than 3, and being very forgetful) being very indecisive! Very indecisive!
My personality is way more "geometric" than flowery (i'm not sure what that says about me), but I liked the flowers in a few of these too.
Lime Green/Hot Pink Flowers
(i love the colors)
(i love the colors)

Soft Pink Blossom
(sweet but sophisticated)

Lavender/Lime Green
(not pink! and i liked the possibilities of what could be added to this)

Multicolor Geo Circles
(fun! bright but not overboard)

Lime Green/Hot Pink Damask
(again, love the bold colors)

i'm with you on the non-traditional colors & patterns. i've used the same vintagey-looking quilted bedding for both girls, so if we have another i'll probably strike out in a new direction! i don't like the purple & green one for some reason.. i don't normally dislike purple, but that's my least favorite of the 5 you listed! love the damask.... pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love the first one, but they are all beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is the damask, but I love the soft pink and the birds in the second one. Those are my two favorites! You have great taste by the way. I'm so indecisive just like you and when I get an idea of something that I want in my head, I search everywhere and can't find it! I will go to great lengths to find what I'm looking for to no avail! That's when I decide that I should be a designer b/c I can't ever find what I have going on in my head! ha! Congrats on the girls and I hope you are doing well and that the incisions are healing properly. I thought about that alot and I think God just doesn't want you to gain alot so those babies won't hurt your incision. Christine Adcock (For some reason, it won't let me comment under my google account.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm loving several of these. I must confess that I like the idea of picking two different, but coordinating beddings. That way you get to use two of the ones you find that you like (which helps with the indecisive thing) AND you can emphasize that each baby is an individual (I'm probably WAY over thinking this). I just know they are going to have lots of matching stuff and it might be nice for each one to have some stuff that they know is "theirs." So, baby A has a green lovey and baby B has a purple one or whatever. Again, probably way over thinking, but that's why you love me, right? :-)
ReplyDeleteOkay I love all the choices but am going with the lavender and green, mainly because it is different from Addie's. Simple for me, not so simple for you I realize. xoxomargaret
ReplyDeletelove damask. it's timeless and classy. lime and hot pink are bold. bold, timeless, and classy: a perfect combination!
ReplyDeleteI came SO close to getting the Lime Green/Hot Pink Damask for Elle's room...I actually wish I had and if it weren't for Brandon thinking I was totally nuts I would be tempted to go ahead and get it and sell what she has :P
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the multicolor one. I realized once I voted for that one (and the first one) it wasn't the top pick...but I LOVE it. I love the bold bright colors. They shout happy and loud :)
ReplyDelete