As you can see, it's basically impossible to get a shot of the whole room; so here are the pieces that make up our baby girl's room!
I posted the fabrics we'd be using here, but never got around to showing you the finished product! Can you tell I'm tying up a few lose ends here? We got our bedding from a wonderful seamstress on etsy.com. She did a beautiful job custom making each piece and was fabulous to work with as well! She was also willing to ship us additional fabric for the shades/valences.
We were fortunate enough to find a crib that matched Addie's, only to find out a month later that both had been recalled. We have the pieces to bring them up to code; and you may remember from here, we ended up getting the 2nd one at no charge to us! Just another one of those blessings!
You can really see the walls in the above pictures. Yes, they are pink! Nursery PINK according to the paint color! I'll be honest with you; I was not a fan of pink until I had Addie. But when Paul's mom and I were choosing colors, pink was the perfect color for this room!
My mom and I started to make the curtains and decided very quickly that was not our gift. We enjoy making outfits and smocking for the girls far more than making drapes! So she took a percent of each of her tutoring sessions, totaling over 12 hours, and purchased the curtains and valences for us! Now that's a sacrifice! The shades are backed in blackout fabric and lined as well, creating a wonderful sleeping room even during the day!
You can also see the corner of the rug in the above picture. I searched online for weeks (ok, maybe a few months) for the perfect rug. They were all either too busy or too pricey with all the other items we had to purchase! So Addie and I went to Lowe's one day and found this one! It cost literally 20% of the rugs I was looking at online, and we think it ties the room together perfectly! Another praise God moment!
The owl theme sort of just evolved over time. I will admit that I love the mobiles above the girl's beds and that these pillows from Target were literally half of what the pottery barn owls cost! I found the owl print at Target as well and couldn't resist!
Do note the stool in the bottom left hand corner of the picture above. It was a wonderful suggestion from a friend so Addie can feel more a part of things (helping change diapers and seeing in the girl's cribs).
I got the rocking chair at a yard sale from someone I actually went to school with. We had cushions made by the same lady who made our curtains, and I recovered the footstool, both in the soft snuggly fabric that backs the girls bumper pads.
And of course, how can I forget to show you their names! Audrey Kate's color is green. Green pacis. Green wash clothes. Green towel. Green burp clothes. Green blankets. Green smocking on some of her outfits! Green lovies! Let's hope she likes green!
And Anne Perry's color is purple. Yup, you guessed it: purple pacis. Purple wash clothes. Purple towel. Purple burp clothes. Purple blankets. Purple smocking on some of her outfits! Purple lovies!
I can't post these pictures without giving credit to all the help we got! My mom had the curtains made for us. Paul's mom not only painted the walls (and baseboards) but got the paint for us as well. Paul's dad came and literally pulled the room together: hanging the curtains/valences (no easy task with a very OCD pregnant woman standing by to make sure everything was straight!) and putting up the mobiles and pictures (among other things around our house)! My Dad brought bags of diapers for the little girls too, something that I'm not sure we can even begin to fathom how many we will consume in such short periods of time! And although hidden away, my aunt has transported countless bags of clothes and baby gear from a cousin in Atlanta over the past few months. Thank you all for helping us pull this room together and meet double the needs for our girls!
For a while, I used to just sit in the rocking chair in the little girl's room attempting to take it all in. Two of so much. Two beds. Two mobiles. Two of so many clothes. Two swings tucked under the beds. Matching and coordinating clothes folded in twos in the drawers. I am just in complete awe of the fact that not only am I carrying two babies but that we will, Lord willing, bring home two babies!
These are the dresses the girls will wear to come home. One was Addie's and my mom and I made another one to match.
Before I was showing, even before I got so sick and had surgery, my mom brought me these babies. Two babies as Addie would say. They sat by my bed for months, reminding me that even though I couldn't feel our little blessings, couldn't see them, and sometimes couldn't believe they were actually there...that they were. They were little tiny miracles growing and developing and fighting!
Please continue to join us in prayer for the safe arrival of our little girls! It brings us such peace to know that God has been and continues to be in control of their little lives!














anna! it came out SO beautifully- you did a great job pairing fabrics & bargain hunting to make a room you'll love being in with your girlies! i love everything about it. you have a great style & a good eye for color.
ReplyDeletelove you & paul bunches... and i love all 3 of your girls, even though i've yet to meet them! (we must remedy this in the next few years... once audrey kate & anne perry are less difficult to travel with, we'll meet up somewhere in the middle!)
What a great post! Love love love the nursery. The owl theme is precious. Praying for all of you! (And no, you can't imagine the diapers, ha!)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the nursery!! It's precious!! I LOVE the owl stuff! I may just have to go to Target and try and find that pillow :) So cute!
ReplyDeleteThe room is precious! I need to post some picture of Edward and Emily Kate's room! You've inspired me! I hope you are feeling good...not too much longer!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have the same set of babies from a dear friend when I found out I was pregnant with twins :)
ReplyDeleteI love the new blog look and name, so creative.
The nursery looks amazing. Everything looks so perfect. I am in awe of how much you and your family can pull things together like that. I cannot sew and am not creative one bit!!! I love the dresses you made also.
I am so excited to see the girls and what new blessings will come from having 3 little girls :) LOVE it!
Okay, seriously..... you really should become an interior decorator. I'm not kidding. You would be awesome at planning and decorating nurseries for expecting Moms!!
ReplyDeleteso cute, anna!!!
ReplyDeleteAnna- the nursery is beautiful! Were you happy with the new cushions on your glider? I need to have mine redone for our Addison's room! I tried to email you but it came back to me. If you get a sec , send me the info before your life gets super crazy! (:
ReplyDeleteBetsy
betsyandchad@mail.com
What a great post and I love the nursery pics!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful! I love the owl theme. I have a friend who did it, too.
ReplyDelete