I am now officially 33 weeks 5 days! Whoohoo!
If what the ultrasound tech said is accurate, each baby should have gained about 4 oz over the past week. That would put Baby A at 4 lbs and Baby B at 4 lbs 4 oz. Which means I'm carrying 8lb 4 oz of baby, the size Addie was when she was born at 38 wks 4 days!
That would be 2 of these (minus the prickly leaves, although from what I'm feeling, that's debatable!):
I had to do another non-stress test (they put an external monitor on each baby's heartbeat and my uterus). Again, the worst part is laying on an exam table for 15 minutes in a strange position trying to stay still so as not to move the monitors! Stressful! Except yesterday, he kept me on it for almost an hour!!! Not. Fun. At. All! For those of you that have been pregnant or are pregnant, you know how impossible it is to stay in one position for any length of time...especially when you're measuring over 40 weeks in size!
Seems that Baby B (our wild one...no, not the bad one, just the wild one!) kept moving and her heart rate kept dropping so they couldn't get a long enough solid read on it. It was
I am having fewer contractions than I was last week, which is great! When I asked if I still had to "stay off my feet and rest," Dr. W's response was: We need to make it to 36 weeks.
Now let me clarify why I've been striving towards 35 weeks: at our hospital, babies can enter the well-baby nursery at 35 weeks if they are...well! From what I understand, and I maybe wrong, weight doesn't so much matter as much as their gestational age, ability to breathe on their own, ability to maintain their own body temperatures, and how much they can eat on their own!
So in the mornings, I try to get at least one errand run with Addie or do at least one activity with her. In the afternoons while she naps, I prop my feet up and rest or sleep! It's working so far! I have had to get creative with laundry, dishes, and just keeping things picked up. I kinda think my #1 priorities are keeping these babies where they are and caring for Addie though!
Several of my sweet friends have asked/emailed about how I feel about the strong likelihood of having a c-section. Well...to be completely honest with you, I'd rather not. I'm still hoping Baby A might turn (we have a friend who's baby A was head down the day before her delivery and flipped to breech that night!). BUT...I think my biggest peace comes from that fact that none of this is a surprise to God. He already knows the position each baby will be in at the time of their delivery. He's carefully orchestrated every aspect of this pregnancy (from conception to surviving my surgery to their perfect growth even when I wasn't to right up to now and delivery). My prayer has always been that we would have the perfect doctors on call and ready for whatever method of delivery is best for all 3 of us. If that's a c-section, then that's what I want. I do have to remind myself that it will most likely be much different from my surgery (3 inch incision vs 7 inch, little blood loss vs almost a liter, routine procedure vs exploratory, being prepared for it vs being in shock/trauma, etc). And most importantly I have to remind myself that His plan is far bigger than mine!
And that's about it! I go back Tuesday (nothing wrong but they didn't have any appointments on Thursday). Another
We hope your family has a wonderful Easter celebrating Christ's resurection!
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

GREAT news re the twins! 36 weeks is the magic number. And from what we saw in the NI, you're exactly right: it's all about gestational age, not size. HANG IN THERE!!!!
ReplyDeleteI've had 2 c-sections and honestly, I don't know any different, but they were great! The only complication I had was high blood pressure and TONS of fluid retention after they were born. I was shopping a week later. It took a good two weeks to feel no pain with Will, but my recovery with Walker was much faster!
ReplyDeleteI wish my mom could be there to put in your spinal/epidural. I think that would give you some peace of mind. I'm not sure if she still does OB, but I think she does. She's the best ;-) in my opinion. Here is her email address and if you end up having a scheduled c-sec than you could at least ask her if she will be there and could do it. donahoo9009@yahoo.com
after your abdominal surgery, a c-section, if needed will be a WALK in the park! but i understand your desire to do it vaginally. i know i will have to have a c-section the second time around, my doctor told me the other way isn't an option due to my narrow pelvic bone. BUT i will say, i totally enjoyed being able to schedule it, and have it known and done with QUICKLY. my doctor walked in at 12:15, and Thomas was born at 12:24! the one thing i didn't think about and didn't expect was how HARD it is to get my stomach muscles back into shape. i don't know if my stomach will ever be the same after that sort of surgery, but i'm trying!
ReplyDelete