I remember pulling out the children's version and reading it to a few of my students at my second school where I taught. Their teacher had to go on medical leave, and they were not happy about their new permanent sub! It actually made an impact on them, and I witnessed their attitudes gradually change as time went on.
I won't bore you with a long synopsis of the plot, but you can read more about it here with this cute little presentation that someone else created! Basically though, there are 4 mice: two are willing to go search for new cheese after their stash is gone and two are not. In the end, one of the two unwilling mice ventures out and realizes the value of dealing with the change that's been set before him (you know, because once that cheese is gone, it's not like you can change anything and make it reappear) and actually discovers that his new cheese is better than the old!
------------------------
If you know me at all, you know I'm a planner. If you've read this blog long enough, you know I'm a planner, with this being a perfect example! I've mellowed a lot since college and even more since having a child!
...but I'm still a planner and my cheese just got moved!!!!
I had a great post ready for you full of the realities of being pregnant with twins at 37 weeks. There was no sugar coating in this post. I'll still post it...but tomorrow! I was going to tack onto the end of it a great 37 week belly shot (later too) and an update from my 37 week OB appointment.
...but somebody moved my cheese!
Before you start calling me dramatic and unreasonable, remember I am 37 weeks+1 day pregnant with unusually large twin girls! We're estimating a combined weight of about 13lbs 7ozs as of today. Thirty-seven weeks is tough for any pregnancy, but this one is magnified!
That somebody who moved my cheese happens to be my OB. You see, he's been assigned to jury duty during my 38th week of pregnancy. He has to be there early Monday; but even if he gets chosen, he wont have to be there until much later on Tuesday.
So for my benefit, he moved my scheduled c-section to Tuesday, May 4th.
Um...I know, that's only 24 hours. Yes, I'll still be 38 weeks. No, it's not that big of a deal. But it is...
...because it IS 24 hours later. We had everything worked out for introducing the girls to Addie and whisking her away to a fun weekly activity. My dear friend was coming from Birmingham to spend some time with us and take pictures of the girls and Addie in the hospital (and her husband had taken Monday off to keep their kiddos)! Family was coming into town. Another friend who is leaving town Tuesday was going to be able to meet them Monday! And yet another friend had Monday off to take a test, so she'd be able to come visit too!
IT WAS ALL PLANNED OUT PERFECTLY, AND HE MOVED MY CHEESE!
But...Change Happens.
Whether we like it or not.
And...The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Find New Cheese.
There is good in this. Paul can get an entire 8 hours of work in on Monday that we'll have with him later at home!
So...I'm determine to Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese.
By just extending our Addie weekend right into Monday (more about that later)!
Because...Noticing Small Changes Early Helps You Adapt To The Bigger Changes That Are To Come.
You know...because our life is about to seriously change when these sweet baby girls are born!
------------------------
Yes, I know they still might show up early (and we sure can't plan for that...haha!); but according to my OB, there aren't any signs of that as of today. I'm dilated about 2 cm, which is where I was Sunday as well. Paul and I think they aren't coming until we go in and get them!
So God continues to teach me a lot about patience and His timing! He is consistently showing me examples of my husband's unconditional love for me and our family. I have a constant reminder of His goodness anytime I look down (and can't see my toes;). Every minute of this pregnancy has been a testimony to his unfailing love!
So we continue to wait...even if it is only 24 extra hours!
------------------------
My Redeemer is Faithful and True
Steven Curtis Chapman
As I look back on the road I've traveled,
I see so many times He carried me through;
And if there's one thing that I've learned in my life,
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
Everything He has said He will do,
And every morning His mercies are new.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
And in every situation He has proved His love to me;
When I lack the understanding, He gives more grace to me.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
I see so many times He carried me through;
And if there's one thing that I've learned in my life,
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
Everything He has said He will do,
And every morning His mercies are new.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
And in every situation He has proved His love to me;
When I lack the understanding, He gives more grace to me.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
Romans 8:25


Unfortunately, I think our cheese will be perpetually moved for the next year. But at least the back pain won't be as bad though.
ReplyDeleteAnna, I just love you. And how I love Paul's post. I think your cheese is about to be moved on a daily basis. :-)
ReplyDeleteEverything ALWAYS works out as my mom has always said. Who knows what Gods plans are? Those plans may not have been made in vain, they may come Monday after all! Can't wait to see!
ReplyDeleteLove how you said they aren't coming until we go in and get them.
You are amazing Anna Root Wamsted! Love you!