Monday, October 11

5 Months

Sweet smiles. Hilarious {expressions}. Loving bond.
agirls
Intense gazes. Focused looks.
bIMG_0210
and absolute {amazement} at God's goodness!

Five months people! Five months! I ask it every month...but where does the {time} go?

I went to stand up to put the girls back in the bed early one morning and could hardly muster the strength. It was like they had {grown} 5 pounds each during the night...and I wouldn't doubt it! I always know when they're growing because I usually get a crick in my neck and have aching arms. What an awesome reason to have to deal with aches and pains...{growing} growing babies!

I love how these little girls love their {big} sister. I love how they coo and talk to her. I love how they immediately grab onto each other's hands (or ears or arms) when they are near each other. I love how they've discovered their feet. I love how their {personalities} are evolving; and just as I think I've got them pegged, they reverse roles!

I've never seen so many smiles. So many tears. So many diapers. So many fall clothes. So many spit up covered objects! So many loads of baby laundry.

So much joy. So {much} happiness. So much love!

Anne Perry has obviously been battling some teeth eruption. They haven't made it through her gums yet, but they're almost there. She feels pretty much the same about her incoming teeth as she does about sitting for even 3.5 seconds in a poopy diaper: {intense displeasure}!

But something has happened over the last week. Utter happiness and relief. So many smiles. Silly noises with her tongue. Squeals and coos! She's at least {temporarily} reached the other side of this initial encounter with teething...I think?

What scares me about this little one is her ability to know when she's about to be put down. She will start wailing before her back hits the floor/bed/changing table except for when she's asleep. She would much prefer to be upright, sitting in her bouncy seat or bumbo, or held tightly on my hip!  

She wants to see what's going on, {take it in}, make sure it's all sorted out, and not miss a thing!
APmonth5
She's started this wonderful thing she does with her {tongue}.
bIMG_0240
And she looks so darn {cute} when she does it! Don't you think? ;)
AP collage2
She's also already preparing for a career in music...or ballet....or something {dramatic} with her arms/hands!
APcollage
She's even picked up a little of her sister's Derek Zoolander face. Agree?
bIMG_0233 copy
But it's this {smile} that I love seeing. It's more frequent and common every day. I'm so thankful for her bright eyes and little curls already growing. I'm so thankful for her desire to watch and observe her surroundings.
bIMG_0241
We are so {blessed} to have you little one!

Audrey Kate tends to be considered more {laid back}. She doesn't usually mind being soaking wet with spit up. She'll still play on the floor or in the bouncy seat for what seems like hours at least several minutes! She loves to gradually turn her body as she lays on the floor. While she's not the biggest fan of being on her tummy, she's learned to almost immediately prop her arms up, hold her head up high, and {roll} to her back!
Her little cry is now a tad hoarse from the reflux. And even though I know she's not calling my name, it breaks my heart when she cries and says {mamamama} at the same time.
I adore watching her interact with her big sister. Addie does the Audrey Kate dance and AK just coos and giggles at her. When Anne Perry is laying next to her, she automatically grabs for her, which can sometimes end their close play. But bottom lines, she loves people and loves {interacting}!
 AK month 5
Unfortunately this little laid back girl has hit the {teething} stage as well. She can fit her entire fist in her mouth, but she is almost always chewing on a few fingers! She's the first to wake us up at night right now (which the teething has restarted), so I can't help but wonder if she's {growing} again!
ak collage 2
and believe it or not, shes can put herself to sleep in her bed in an unswaddled sleepsack with a lovey and paci. my favorite thing is to look over the crib when she wakes up, catch her eye and watch her break into the cutest {grin}!
ak collage
And I'm not sure you can see it here, but she's got this fabulous {fuzzy} hair. It's so soft, and I love rubbing my hand lightly over it!
bIMG_0300
and when she's sleepy she {rubs} her eyes and wants her paci!
bIMG_0285
Her little squinty smile makes her look so much like her {daddy}, and I simply adore seeing it!
I am so thankful for her fuzzy hair and hoarse cry. i am so thankful for her happy smile and social self.
bIMG_0323
God has really blessed us with two more precious little girls!

Psalm 46: 10-11
Be still, and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the earth."  
The LORD Almighty is with us; 
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

3 comments:

  1. Anna, they are so stinking cute! I loved getting to see them (and you and Addie) today. Such happy babies! These pics are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE how you talk about each of the girls' little personalities, quirks, likes and dislikes. reading back on all of these posts will be something you'll absolutely treasure one day (and i know they all three will, too!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! They are just soooo precious! I love their expressions and their unique personalities.
    I just smiled through this whole post :)

    ReplyDelete