Tuesday, January 25

What.A.Weekend.

Part A:
Anne Perry tested positive for the {flu} Friday afternoon.

The type B version that apparently pays no heed to the flu vaccine I succumbed all 5 of us to months ago. 

102 fever.

Good explanation for Audrey Kate's fever a week ago and current snottyness.

Good explanation for Addie's fever two weeks ago and current cough and snottyness.
bIMG_0039
Part B:
Paul also went to the doctor Friday.

No flu. No pneumonia.

Worse {cough} ever, to the point that he couldn't stop.

So he spent the weekend in the bed, doped up on cough medicine, sleeping so he wouldn't {cough up a lung}

And I am once again super thankful for my {mom}

It's now Monday.
bIMG_0041
Daddy stayed home from work.

Lower fevers.

{Less} coughing.

More snottyness.

Part C: Abbey
This actually didn't happen this weekend, but I think I'm slowly coming to grips with it...this weekend.

{Abbey}, our first baby...four legged baby, will be 9 in February.
bIMG_7591
She started developing Mast Cell Tumors about a year and a half ago.

Removed one. Six months later, another one. A year later, it's removed. Six months later another three removed. {One} month later, she has 10-12, rapidly growing knots on her sweet body. And I am sad.

They itch. She scratches. They turn to sores. Blood. Infection. Obvious pain. Need to be removed.

So here we are. We can't remove 10-12 of them. One incision can be up to 6 inches long to get clear margins. Not to mention the cost. Chemotherapy doesn't work unless they are removed. And then it's not a sure thing.

And she is a dog. And that's kinda where we draw the line. 

More will return. And they will grow.

For now, we do benadryl and prednisone.

And {wait}.

And I am sad. Very sad.

But on a happier {significantly less serious} note...
bIMG_0035
Part D: (not technically the weekend anymore...but that's ok!)
A steal of a deal to blow this Monday out of the water!!!

Am@zon.com

15% off using Am@zon Mom

15% off using Subscribe and Save

20% off using Parents Magazine coupon code I've been saving.

$39.75 box of 106 size 3 diapers.

(yes, yes. we still use cloth diapers quite frequently at home. but i have to recognize my limitations and meet somewhere in the middle of solely cloth diapering and solely using disposables...)

Less 15% =  - $5.9625

Less 15% =  - $5.9625

Less 20% = - $7.95

Total = $19.87

Paid using $20 gift certificate bought for only $10 on daily deal site.

Cost for a box of $39.75 box of 106 size 3 diapers...

$10

That would be .06 cents a diapers instead of the typical .25! Score!

Happy (Random) Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder -- I went ahead and snagged a box myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Hope everyone is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Anna. Are our lives going to parallel each other our entire lives? Seriously! Our dog Kriby has the exact same thing! Except he's 11 and we have been removing the cysts for two years now. We finally spent $400 and had his final one removed right before Christmas. We just can't do it anymore. And yes, they keep coming back. Blood everywhere due to the scratching. It's awful. I am so so sorry that Abbey has this. There's nothing worse than realizing that you just can't keep up with a sick dog anymore. Nothing worse.

    I do hope everyone in your family feels better soon. It is juts starting here. I am just hearing the coughs in the middle of the night and the runny noses have just begun. Uh, oh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Anna! You are doing a great job...I love seeing you push those babies into Frazer in the mornings. :-)

    ReplyDelete