Monday, October 24

Feeding the Ducks

A few weeks ago {yes, it's inevitable that I'm behind}, I took the girls to feed the ducks and have a picnic at the park. The weather was gorgeous, and I {bravely} brought my camera along.

When people comment on the little girls behavior {one being the mean one or one being the loud one or one pitching more fits or one being more laid back}, I've started to respond with only one thing: they are about as different as their hair. Because they are, and there are very few people {really just the people who live with them 24/7} that have any room to compare them, especially framing one of them in a negative light.
bIMG_9497
But feeding the ducks brought out their differences {of the day}. I never know who's going to be shy in situations and who's going to be shy with other people. I never know who's going to be more cautious and who's going to be daring.

Because it literally changes all.the.time!
duck2
As you may remember from this post, one was feeling a little more daring than the other that day...
bIMG_9512-2
And it carried right over into feeding the ducks.

Anne Perry would have attempted to walk on that water had I let her get that far. There wasn't a hissing goose or a jumping duck that deterred her!
bIMG_9552
Audrey Kate, on the other hand, stayed right about here. Can you see her wrapped securely between my legs with Addie's hand sweetly resting on her head?
duck
Addie was being so brave, but a duck (or goose) came up behind her and nipped at her hand...

...and she came undone!

So I led my little ducks back to the car, and we headed to the park for picnic!

This little one continued to be less adventurous and tended to sit or crawl on the playground rather than run around.
bIMG_9555
But this little one {quite determinedly} went head on into things.
bIMG_9557
I love how different our little girls can be. I love how similar they can be. I love who each of them is individually...and how perfectly wonderful they are all together!
bIMG_9565
Perfectly wonderful...not perfect! ;)

Happy Monday (or Tuesday as it is now!)!

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you recognize and embrace their differences. They don't look much alike, but both are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them - they're just adorable! :-) and that first picture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete