Thursday, October 20

the Girl, the Dress & the Maker

I don't write enough on here about my mom. I guess I have a tendency to take it for granted that she's in town. She's always a phone call away and most often times a very short car ride away. She never gets enough credit for all she does for us and for others, but she serves so many so selflessly.
 
One of our favorite things to do together is sew for the girls. Well, we plan it; and she does most of the sewing. If there's smocking involved, I do that; but she has been doing the cutting out and putting together since the little girls were born. It's been so special to see Addie and the little girls wear beautiful dresses that my mom made for me {many} years ago. I can only hope that if our girls have little girls of their own that they will find what we've made for them just as special {many} years down the road.

My mom spent several afternoons {quickly} making a sweet dress for Addie's school pictures. Addie missed taking the pictures with her class because of the stomach bug that violently attacked our family, but they let us come the last day and have hers done.
bIMG_9745
She cooperated beautifully for her school pictures in this sweet dress made by two of the most loving hands I know; and when we got home, she cooperated {almost} as beautifully for me.
Untitled-4
Actually, right up until she'd had enough, she was a blast to photograph!

Untitled-3
so silly and so expressive.
Untitled-2
My main goal when taking pictures of Addie used to be to catch her eyes looking at the camera...maybe because for so long she was always headed in the opposite direction of my camera! but now I love catching her from different angles, not even looking at the camera...
Untitled-1
because her expressions are often times so sweet.
bIMG_9782
Thank you RieRie for sewing for all four of your grandchildren! This little girl is always mighty proud to wear clothes you've made especially for her and will tell just about anyone who will listen!!
bIMG_9728
Thank you even more for what this dress stands for: your time, your talent, and your unconditional love for our family. We love you RieRie!

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. 
I Peter 4:10

3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful and I LOVE these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, You are fortunate to have family so close. I wish our little one was able to see his grandparents more than every few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is AWESOME to have a mom close by! I am so thankful for that blessing...especially with the twins! I just wish I could sew and smock for the girls! I'll just be getting my SIL to help me with that! I love this dress, very cute on her!

    ReplyDelete