I'm about to play some serious catch up.
Over the past 2 weeks, we've had Addie's birthday chapel, prepared for her birthday party, traveled to Augusta and attended a wedding and had a tea party birthday there, driven home and made final preparations for Addie's party, and had her party. Then I drove to Atlanta late Monday night, and my aunt and I flew to NYC Tuesday morning, where we saw Wicked and I'm certain we trekked up and down at least 50 flights of subway stairs, and came home Wednesday night.
My picture count: 975. That's a lot of editing/deleting/saving/posting!
I'm wiped out...and a wonderfully blessed exhausted mess!
But since we really didn't get to celebrate my birthday in the midst of all of this, Paul is taking me to Birmingham tomorrow for the night to eat a yummy birthday dinner, see a movie, and sleep in late! I.am.so.excited!
So back to the purpose of this post! Since we traveled to Augusta on her birthday weekend, we did Addie's birthday chapel at school the Friday before. This is a special time where the birthday kiddos get to come up on stage and everyone sings happy birthday to them!
They always start chapel with lots of singing and dancing! i love this one where addie realized i was taking a picture of her!
Addie was a tad nervous to say the least! I wasn't exactly sure she was going to make it up there when i dropped her off that morning. BUT, after several reminders that when she is afraid, she must trust in God and that God is always with us and that ms gail would be up there with her too, i hoped everything would be ok.
And as you can tell, she.ate.it.up!
She got to say her name...
...and tell how old she was/would be!
but the sweetest moment was when ms. gail asked her what special person was there. and after she said mommy, ms. gail asked her if she wanted to say anything to mommy. and without hesitation, she said, i love you!
...and i near about melted!
happy birthday chapel to our sweet big 4 year old! we love you too!
here's the video from the morning. i edited it to just show her part (and not show me filming the ceiling!), but i had to leave in a few other places so you could see her waving at everyone she knew! Please excuse the shaky craziness and loud camera clicks. i'm not use to taking pictures and videoing at the same time! ;0)
needless to say...more to come!






So sweet! Happy Birthday Addie! I saw your spontaneous NYC trip on Facebook! That's so awesome!!
ReplyDeleteAnna, should have let Ray know you were going to be in NY. He has been working in the area for sometime now. We spent Thanksgiving in NY and attended the Macy's Day Parade. Let us know if you are going there again.
ReplyDeleteHope you are all doing well and Happy Birthday to Addie!