Friday, April 6

Friday Firsts

Our girls have started actually playing together more and more recently. Which means they've really started needing significantly more guidance in learning how to play and share.

...which means I spend a LOT of time refereeing, and it can be utterly exhausting.

Tuesday was particularly exhausting for various reason, one of which being that I was tired and didn't feel well. I lost count of the number of times I'd used the phrases: use your words, you may not yell at your sister that way, try again, no screaming, how can we show kindness?, you need a time out from that toy, let's take turns, please be patient, try again, try again, try again.

So when Addie wanted to join in rolling-the-ball with the little girls, I wasn't holding my breath that it would last long or end well. The littles couldn't quite understand a third person joining their back and forth (sort of) game, so i plopped them down next to each other; and sweet Addie took turns rolling the ball to each little girl.

And it was sweet and priceless and a perfect reminder that our girls are learning to share, take turns, demonstrate patience, and show kindness...however so slowly, it is surely!
(click here to see on a mobile device) 
and i quietly thanked God for His strength and His blessings and His gentle reminders of the why.

No comments:

Post a Comment