Tuesday, February 19

It's a...

"I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High." Psalms 7:17

I'll preface this post with two thing:

1) our number one prayer has been & continues to be for the health of this precious baby. That's always been our prayer for all of our children.

2) girl or boy, we know this baby is a precious gift from God. While we'd love to have a boy in the mix, another little girl would be equally as welcomed & loved!

So our joy over one or the other is simply the joy of this precious life.

For the record (although they tend to flip back & forth): Addie & Anne Perry think its a boy right now & Audrey Kate is certain it's a girl.

As I drove to my OB appointment today, I couldn't help but think of all the time I've spent worrying over the what ifs of this baby. God quietly started to remind me of the long list of His blessings, His goodness & His unfailing love. He gently reminded me that He's got it covered. He's the one knitting this baby together & it is fearfully & wonderfully made. His timing is perfect & He knows everything there is to know about this precious life. He commands us not to fear or be afraid, but to wait patiently for Him. Now therefore stand still and see this great thing that the Lord will do before your eyes (I Samuel 12). While I don't often have a chance to stand still, I am choosing to wait with anticipation instead of anxiousness, with trust instead of fear & with utter reliance on Him as we patiently await this great thing!

Well, we had the opportunity today to see this little one & even though I'm only 14 weeks, our experienced ultrasound tech was quite certain she knew what this little one is!

But what's the fun in me just telling you what we're having?

One of our favorite Montgomery spots is Nancy's Italian Ice. They serve a fun little treat called a "Fancy Nancy": your choice of Italian ice covered (hidden!) in frozen yogurt! Yummy!

So we took the girls there & ordered their "Fancy Nancy's" for them: blue Italian ice under the yogurt if it's a boy & pink Italian ice under the yogurt if it's a girl!

...and let them dig in to find out of they'd have a baby sister or baby brother!

And without further rambling, it's a...
BOY!!!

3 comments:

  1. AHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY for a healthy baby boy. So thrilled for you (and Davis, of course, since he's severely outnumbered right now ;-)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So time is apparently speeding by! I don't even remember how far along you are now? Congratulations on the boy! I had a feeling! Oh and welcome to the mom van club!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete