Monday, November 10

"Not Me!" Monday


My dog Mollie (who is still on prednisone for an autoimmune disease) has not peed on the floor in our guest bedroom every night for the past week. I certainly DID clean it up each morning; but I certainly did not find that it had seeped under the travel crate stored under the bed, pooled on our hardwood floors, and started to warp them. And I definitely did not spend almost an hour cleaning it up and "swiffering" with a wet cloth! Nope...we'd never let something like that happen! Not us!

I did not have to raid my mom's closet for shirts because all of my long sleeve shirts are too short for me now! Is this what having a baby does to you? I can wear my jeans but not my shirts? Or is it the nursing? Who knows...but I'm going to have to ask for some gift cards for Christmas because of it! Oh, and yeah, I'd never raid my mom's closet! Nope...not me!

Fuzz the cat did not throw up behind the sofa. It didn't land on an envelope that had found its way back there. And it certainly didn't contain the remnants from the bird she had consumed earlier in the day! Yuck!

I did not let Abbey (the dog) chew up and shred 7 diapers and one paci over the past week. Nope...not me!

And 75% of my "not me" Mondays are not about our pets! But considering they have us out numbered almost 2 to 1 it might just make sense!

Do make sure to check out MckMama's blog. Sweet baby Stellan was born last week...healthy as he can be! Praise God!

What have you not done this past week (or two!)? Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. My shirts are too short too- I thought it was just me!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one!! We miss you terribly and hope you guys are doing well! Had Savannah weighed the other day- 34 lbs!!!!!! 4T actually fits! I'm in shock! Anyways, hug that sweet, adorable angel for us! Love you!!-Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast you have someones closet to raid until christmas. I would be raiding hubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a theory on the "short-shirt-syndrome". I don't think it's that your shirts are actually too short...I think it's that we just get used to the four-foot-long maternity shirts for the entire pregnancy, so normal shirts just feel really short. (Or maybe it's that everything is in a very different place than it used to be three children ago, and my shirts really are too short!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does Josh's name keep showing up when I post a comment on your blog?!? I don't think Josh's body has quite the same "southward" tug as mine does after the little ones...he would probably want me to clarify that after my last comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete