I must admit: I did a terrible job getting pictures of Addie with everyone, especially her grandparents! In fact, I really didn't do a great job getting pictures with anyone! Why it didn't occur to me to look up from taking pictures of her smashing her cake and take a quick snapshot of the people around the table, I'll never know!
So I apologize in advance to the grandparents and our other friends!
But before things got busy, I did manage to get a few of Diane and her kiddos!
I think they loved Addie's toys almost as much as she did! It was fun to watch them get creative with baby toys! Such imagination!
We had a great lunch (which I failed to take any pictures of) with family and close friends. With bad weather and extenuating circumstances, everyone sort of arrived in shifts. So I guess I can use that as my excuse for the lack of pictures!
Addie had a blast opening presents (which someone else took pictures of):

The all-time-favorite present award, if there ever was one, has to go the pink cat, whom Paul has affectionately named Princess Fuzz (you know, after our cat Fuzz!). Check out that face!
Well...maybe she helped just a little bit!
Addie totally hammed it up with an audience. It wasn't just the typical "Mmmmm!" She'd stick her hand in her mouth, covered in icing, and pop it out really quickly with a huge grin on her face and a big "Mmmmm!" Unfortunately, I didn't get a great video of that but here are a few from the afternoon.
I totally did this one the wrong direction (so prepare to turn your head or your computer screen), but she basically does a modified version of what I mentioned above!
And finally we made good use of all the butterflies we had around the house. They were all on magnets and everyone got one to put on their frig!I totally did this one the wrong direction (so prepare to turn your head or your computer screen), but she basically does a modified version of what I mentioned above!
Video 1
You can hear the grandparents in the backgroud (finger paint, 10 years from now, 1st date:)
"Mmmmmm!"Video 2
Ewwwww! & "All done!"
Video 3
A Gag & Bye Bye
Video 4
Ewwwww! & "All done!"
Video 3
A Gag & Bye Bye
Video 4
So after she was covered in icing, Rie Rie (my mom) and Diane gave Addie a bath and got her all cleaned up. After a quick wardrobe change, she was ready for more partying! This dress was actually Kat's, our sweet family friend, when she was a little girl (when I used to babysit for her!). We were so glad they were able to make it to Addie's party (even though they had to drive back from Birmingham to get here!)













Hooray! it looks like you guys had so much fun and it looks like Addie had a very special day. Thanks for sharing the pics!
ReplyDeleteThe videos are great; it's like being there all over again. What fun...xoxmargaret
ReplyDelete