Monday, April 13

"Not Me!" Monday



Although there is no official "Not Me!" Monday blog carnival (yet) today, it is way past due for this blogger!

Here is what we have not done in the past few weeks:

I did not make a quick run to Walgreens this morning with Addie in her pajamas. She did not scream/screech for at least 75% of the time we were in there. But she most certainly did not grab the fingernail polish out of my hand and chunk it to the floor. It did not break the top off, splattering blue glitter all over the floor...and my pants. She did not promptly burst into tears again at that very moment! And I was certainly not buying blue fingernail polish!

The checkout woman did not look at me and say, "So, do you just stay home with her all day? Oh, that must be interesting." Um...yeah, I did not want to respond with: I just stay home all day with her, sitting on our couch eating bonbons and watching the Today Show while she sleeps. Just stay home with her...? OMG people...

My daughter did not grab my fajita by the edge and dump it's contents on the new living room carpet. I did not clean up as much as I could and then let the dog eat/lick the rest of it up!

After carefully changing Addie's poopy diaper in the car, I folded up the cloth diaper with all its contents and laid it on the floorboard of the car. I went on with my shopping, planning to take care of it when I got home. As I was unloading the car, I looked down only to find a smear of dirt on the seat. Confused as to what it was, I did not realize it was in fact really not dirt. Therefore, I did not walk around Michael's and Walmart with poopy on the back of my child's pants!

Our geriatric cat did not bazooka barf immediately after she ate canned cat food. I did not jump to move the cookbooks out of the way, only to get in her line of fire resulting in my jeans not turning into a magnet for her vomit. I mean...yuck!

I have not sung the Itsy Bitsy Spider, the Wheels on the Bus, and If Your Happy and You Know It so many times that I wake up in the morning singing them still. Our CD player does not contain not one, not three, but SIX kiddy CDs!

Our teething baby has not attempted to survive on yogurt, apple sauce, cows milk, and juice for the past week. Is that possible?

It is not raining here again, and we certainly couldn't get a pretty penny by advertising our house as having a sizable pond in the backyard, I mean, if we were putting it on the market (which we really are not)!

However, we did consider moving due to the fact that yet another appliance/electronic did not go out...the TV in our bedroom has not died. I did not find Paul sitting on the bed last night listening to the TV with no picture! Seriously people!?!?!

So...what have you NOT done over these past few weeks! Do make sure to share!

Make sure to check out MckMama's blog to see how well Stellan is doing! Praise God for this precious blessing!
Prayers for Stellan

4 comments:

  1. I have SO missed "Not me Monday!!!!" I cannot believe all the things you have "not" done recently!! I miss you so much! Just think, pretty soon all the things in your house will be new (since you seem to be having to fix everything) and you won't have to replace anything any more! I mean - come on- could more things happen to you guys! I feel for you and wish we could be there to lend a hand! Hope you have a TERRIFIC week! We love you! - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry ... I laughed at your expense. Especially the part where Paul was listening to a TV with no pictures. That is SUCH a daddy thing!! I hope your week calms down a little! I'm working on finishing and uploading Addie's pics tonight. I hope the storms will stay away and not knock out the cable ... again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you are soooo funny! You have me laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just wow. Sorry we can't be there to help too. I hope it all settles down soon!

    ReplyDelete