I don't dislike going to the dentist. But I don't love it either. I had no {zip, zero, nada} cavities for 21 years of my life. I miss two 6 month checkups between graduating college and getting married...and I have seven cavities. Yes, you read it right...zero to seven in 1.5 years!
My old dentist did a really bad job putting in one of those seven fillings, so after much pain and annoyance, our new dentist put a crown on to finally fix the problem. Only to have me get an absess and need a root canal when i was a mere 8 weeks pregnant with Addie. Hmmmm, you see why I don't just love the dentist.
Needless to say, all those fluoride treatments, sealant paintings, and brushing as a child did do a lot of good. I just should have laid off the Dr. Pepper drinking in college a little.
We've already started brushing Addie's teeth and hope that she too will have zero cavities {for as long as her Daddy had/still has them, not her Mommy!) Since we know dentist visits will be a necessity for Addie also, we figured we'd let her come back, sit in the chair, and get her very own toothbrush from the dentist.
She was quite excited and proud. She watched a little TV on the flat screen, leaned back to get a massage, and had an all around good time. She loved sitting in the
Make sure to check out Paul's blog post on our visit to the dentist. Much more humorous...but ya can't beat the pictures here! :)
Oh, and I'm happy to report zero cavities for both of us!

It's not too soon for Addie's first visit to the Dentist. My very good friend here is a pediatric dentist and she says the American Academy of Pediatrics suggest the first dentist visit at age one (provided, of course, that the child has teeth!) I also reccomend a pediatric dentist if there is one in your area. They are trained in special ways to treat young kids - Will had no problems going.
ReplyDeleteSO cute!! And you're killing me with the smocked dresses. Just when I think I'm not homesick anymore... :-)
ReplyDelete