Thursday, November 12

Miracles

Our doctors visit today was fabulous...

...and long! My OB had an emergency this morning and was supposedly running 45 minutes behind. We had not seen him after well over an hour. So...

we did our ultrasound first!

One word: perfect!

Perfect heartbeats. Perfect sizes. Perfect wiggles. Perfect kicking. Perfect hands rubbing perfect little faces. Perfect rolling. Perfect mouths. Perfect eyes. Perfect looks. Perfect profiles. Perfect fingers and perfect toes.

You get my point.

And we asked the ultrasound tech to see if she could maybe tell us what they were (even though both of us had a hunch that turned out to be correct)!

For now,

we're having...

are you ready for this...

because who knows if we are...

two girls.

Two perfect little girls.

Our only hope and prayer throughout this pregnancy has been for healthy babies. Then with my surgery and being faced with losing the babies lives as well as my own, we continued to fervently pray for their health! Sure, I've said that I'd love this or I'd love that. Little boys are wonderful. One of each would be great fun. But now there is only one thing on our minds:

Thank heavens for little girls!

And we are so thankful!

I'm not going to go out and chose fabric for the nursery or buy a bunch of girls clothes. Oh wait, we have enough girl's clothes for two anyway. Ok. So I'm not going to go out and buy a bunch of matching girls clothes. Although I did find the cutest pink seersucker bubbles and a matching dress for Addie that I ordered last weekend. On major sale! What a hunch!

But that's beside the point!

We have two healthy babies, measuring perfectly; and we could not be more joyous!

Here are some pictures of our suspected girls!

Meet Baby Girl A:
She already loves to curl up in a tiny ball; but when she's on her back, she's constantly kicking up at her sister. She's lower than her sister in placement, so it's a bit harder to get her picture. She's already quite a roller...
Baby A
...and even turned her face to look at us!
Baby A looking

Meet Baby Girl B:
She loves to lay on her back and show us her precious profile! She sweetly rubbed her little face with her hand several times. And her mouth...
Baby B
...is already open, ready to tell us all that's on her mind! I can't wait to hear all she has to say!
baby B mouth

And for now, these are our girls! Praise God for these little blessings! They have already been labeled miracles, and we agree!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

because...

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Anna!! That's such great news!! I'm so happy for you!! (possibly) 3 girls!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's those matching clothes that will get ya' every time. xoxomargaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. three sweet girls...precious!!! but really, you can't go wrong! all girls, two girls and a boy, or two boys and a girl...it's a triple blessing no matter how you look at it. :-)
    i love you and can't wait to see you this weekend,
    al

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wonderful! God is so Good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!
    so wonderful to hear, they are perfect.
    so exciting, and making me want another set of twins girlies....soooo bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once, again, I'm crying tears of joy and thankfulness for your recovery and the healthy babies. I love you all--on earth, in heaven, in the womb.


    MOM/Marie/RieRie

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was my vote on the poll! for some reason I just saw you two with three girls! how exciting, and try not to think about the three wedding expenses just yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY fun! So thankful everything went well. Fingers crossed we will find out at next week's appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...what joy!!! Double pink blessings...I am thrilled for you. It is true it could change....we STILL have not gotten a 100% confirmation on Morgan....but for now...all pink it is!! Congrats honey...soooo thrilled for you and your perfect little angels!! God is soooo good!!!! Blessings....praying health and great appointments continue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girls!?!?!?

    I'm so glad that you had a great check-up! I continue to pray for you and all your babies!

    ReplyDelete