Thursday, February 4

25 Week Ultrasound

Well bottom line, the girls are doing great! That's what matters. They are measuring perfectly and Baby A weighs 1lb 10oz and baby B weighs 1lb 11oz. We could not ask for anything more! Praise God!

But our ultrasound tech today had a lot to be desired. She was curt and short with us, something our other two techs have never been. They always took the time to let us see the girls, watch them move, ooo and ah over them, find fingers and toes, make sure they were still girls, everything. This one took measurements faster than I've ever seen and jumped to the next screen! We were back there for less than 10 minutes.

There was one point where she was measuring one of the girls heads and there was something moving on the screen. We all piped up and said...is that a hand/arm or a foot/leg? Whatever was there was literally on the screen for 5-8 seconds, plenty of time to make it out if you knew what you were looking at. She just sat there like we were crazy and then was like, oh, i don't know and it's gone now and kept going.

Therefore, I have not a single good picture to show you! They were hardly readable and the ones that were showed half a head and the heart or something completely random like that. I was so disappointed, as Paul's mom got to come with us today. We did get to hear the little heartbeats and watch the very quick measurements be done, but it made me sad that she didn't get to see what we've been able to see in the past.

I got weighed again and have gained 16lbs from my prepregnancy weight. The doctors won't count it, but I've technically gained 24lbs from the weight I was after I lost so much right before and after surgery. They may not count it...but I do! So, I guess I'm just "all baby" as they say. I still feel like I look like I did when I was 8 months pregnant with Addie, and I'm outgrowing clothes by the day. My doctor is very pleased with the growth and measurement of the girls. Therefore, I will keep eating and keep eating and keep eating!

Our number one prayer is for these babies to go full term. (remember, full term for twins is 36-37 weeks). That puts us mid to the end of April. As of today, Baby A is head down face up and in the delivery position. This is what we'd have to have in order for me to even attempt a traditional delivery. But that's all in God's hands. A lot can (and will) change from now to then, and we know that God has it all worked out perfectly.

Stay tuned for a sweet Flashback Friday and pictures of Addie and the little girl's newly painted rooms soon! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Great report on the girls! So sad about your tech, though. The ultrasounds are such special experiences (especially when you have special guests!), and I'm sorry it didn't work out like you would have wanted. The good news is, I have a sneaking suspicion you'll get another one pretty soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful Anna! You have gotten more done then I can even get done and I'm not even pregnant much less with twins!! I want to see a belly pic! ha! Don't worry if you don't want to do that. I hated posting pictures of myself when I was pregnant and I don't even like to post pictures of me now. Still praying for the babies to make it as long as possible. I LOVE the names and Addie is such a sweetheart. I couldn't get my google account to sign in. This is Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all is going so well...as for the tech...we have all had those! You have more ultrasounds than the usual pregnancy therefore you have more chances to get one of "those" type techs...we have with both pregnancies....weekly ultrasounds had us seeing an assortment! So sorry they were short....praying the next one is above and beyond and produces lots of great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete