Monday, February 15

Not Me Monday!


This post is way overdue! Here are some things that have not happened over the past few weeks!

The cord to the alarm battery that powers our panels did not intentionally get cut and shoved into the wall while we were painting. Our alarm was not dead by the next morning. I did not have to call the alarm company to come and fix it. We're not looking at a minimum of a $90 service charge plus repairs!

I did not come home one day last week to find that one of the cats had chosen to use Addie's favorite chair (the purple Pottery Barn chair!) as a litter box! After investigating, the litter boxes were not dirtier than ever, thus preventing the cat from wanting to use them. It did not soak through the cover and into the foam padding. I was not so angry that I couldn't see straight. And I do not have an excuse not to touch the litter boxes because I'm pregnant. My husband did not come home from work to clean them out during his lunch break.

Addie was not crankier than ever the other morning. I could not figure out why and was getting a tad exasperated. Deciding we needed to get out of the house, I did not go to change her diaper only to find a horrible diaper accompanied by the reddest little bottom I've ever seen. After coating her in cream, we did not sit and cuddle because that's all she wanted to do! I did not feel like the worst mother ever, ever!

Addie does not think her letters on her wall say Addie Marie but instead Addie Am-rie.

I did not hammer a minimum of 42 holes in the freshly painted wall in the twin's room trying to hang their letters. I did not then decide to move both names to two completely differernt walls, requiring me to nail even more holes. My success rate was not (it was) significantly better on the 2nd go round though! I have not been filling in holes for days now.

I did not attempt to buy some pink fabric from a brand newly opened fabric store only to find that they had it in blue and green but no pink. As I'm trying to figure out where I can get it (Birmingham), the manager (a male) does not look at me and have enough nerve to ask if I'm "about to pop?" I mean, who asks that? I smiled kindly and said no, that I hoped not until April (really) as I was pregnant with twins... I am not already feeling huge enough!

I am not way behind on processing pictures, and I do not owe you pictures from a birthday party Addie attended, snow pictures, and most importantly pictures of all the girl's rooms!

And my favorite sayings of Addie's right now are not: "Happy to see you Addie!" "It's okay!" "Kiss it please!" "Mommy fix/get it." and "Happy Birthday KatKat/DiDi/Jace/RieRie!"

I am sure there are plenty more things that did not happen over the past few weeks, but they can wait until next time!

I hope that you DO have a wonderful week!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 
I Corinthians 13: 4-8a

No comments:

Post a Comment