Tuesday, February 2

Our Girl's Names...Finally!

Ok. So I had no idea that I'd make so many people "mad" by just posting the girls initials! It was Wordless Wednesday! I even got emails and texts and comments all about how "mean" I was for not putting the names at the bottom of the post! :)

Clearly, I know no one was mad; and I'm certain that you don't think I'm mean. I was really planning on waiting until we did our ultrasound on Thursday before posting the names.  You know, so I would have updated pictures to go along with them!

But without further teasing or drama, I'll share the names; considering I heard Addie talking about one of them by name earlier today! In fact, I'll let her share them with you!
We aren't planning to decide which baby will be named what until they are born, although I have an idea who is who. (whom is whom?)

And just in case you couldn't understand 22 and 1/2 month old speak, here are the actual names:

Name 1: Audrey Kathryn
Explanation: No, we are not fascinated with the Hepburns, but we loved the two names together.  With Addie, we chose one family name and one new name.  Sara (Kathryn) and Kathryn are dear friends of our family. Although they are named for my great aunt, we are naming one of the babies after them.  Since they are considered family, that's our family name. And Audrey...we just loved it.

Name 2: Anne Perry
Explanation: Perry was my great grandmother's maiden name. We've always thought it was a beautiful name. We had not originally planned to do two "A" names, but after realizing we'd have one "A" name, Paul got to thinking about others.  So after exploring a million "A" names, we landed on Anne to go with Perry.

So what will we call them?
Audrey Kate and Anne Perry

Yes, we're going with double names and so excited about it!

So there they are..our girls!
----------------
I couldn't resist posting this video too. This is the 1st video i took of Addie. The video cut off before she said "bye ya'll" but it was her facial expressions and how she said the names that just cracked me up. So here's our "outtake"! 

12 comments:

  1. I love it....the names are beautiful!!! I find that even though my angels names are meant to be double names....I often call them by their first and middle....Thomas Abram and Madelynn Cross.....love it girl! Sooooo happy for you!!! Two of my very best friends growing up were Audrey and Kathryn (Knorr).....great names! Oh...and Anne is just a beautiful name....always loved that one! Perry....that is Kathryn Knorr's cousin.....and a great name as well! Hugs lady!! Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the names! FYI, my girl name is Audrey Evelyn, so if we ever have a girl, our girls will definitely share the same name. i have ALWAYS loved Audrey. Good work, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL NAMES!! They are PERFECT for your miracle babies. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great names! I'm very impressed that you've gotten them all worked out. (And no, we still haven't named ours.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE THEM!!! I love the videos too, as always! Savannah has asked to watch them a zillion times!!! Addie is so grown up, I just can't believe it!! Where does the time go?? Thanks so much for sharing the names, they are just beautiful!! I can't wait to meet these two precious angels and see Addie be an incredible big sister! Love you and miss you bunches!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY SWEET GOODNESS!
    Those are THE sweetest names ever. LOVE them.
    And the videos of Addie saying their names is so precious. And "bye ya'll", my heart melted.
    She is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE the names! And Addie introducing them is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful names!!!!!!!!!!!! And Addie made me laugh out loud! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful names for two beautiful little girls. I can't imagine anything better...xoxomargaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beutiful names lady! And Addie is precious..the 2nd video - with the faces and the blinking! She is so sweet! Congratulations (and thanks for sharing - I have been running all kinds of A names through my head since your post last week...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the names!! Such a precious video!!

    ReplyDelete