Thursday, March 4

Super Quick Update

What a few days...

I always try to find the balance between rushing to the doctor and not going at all.  A cold...wait it out. A fever...give it a day or so if it's low grade. It just all depends.

This time I decided that if the fever was still hanging on by Wednesday, we'd call and go in on Thursday. After Addie got up (and refused to go back to sleep without being held) at 3:30am and her fever returned Wednesday afternoon, I'd had enough. She'd had enough!

So we went to the doctor this morning.

Still running a low grade fever (100.9). Snotty nose. Coughing some. Watery eyes. Not eating much. Me still thinking it's just a cold or sinuses or at the most an ear infection...and she falls asleep in my lap while waiting for the doctor! Now that hasn't happened since she was itty bitty!

Diagnosis: double ear infection! According to the doctor, she could see a ring of infection (except she used another word) in her ear. 1.) poor baby. 2.) ewwwwww!

Prognosis: antibiotic and should be better for her birthday party on Saturday! Wait...I didn't mention that? Yeah...that'd be why this week's been even more challenging.


More posts with lots of pictures of a well almost 2 year old to come!

1 comment:

  1. I hope she feels better and has a fantastic time at her party! Happy early Birthday Addie!

    ReplyDelete