Tuesday, December 14

It's Complicated

I'm not sure I realized just how long this {renovation} was going to take.

I mean. It was simple, right?

Rip out a few ceilings. Knock down a few walls. Jack up a few floor joists.
bIMG_7881
I was pretty much wrong.

One thing {leads} to another. Six weeks {leads} to eight.

Six weeks {max} would be today.

Have you seen our house recently?
bIMG_8164
That was yesterday.

{sigh}

We've finally gotten to where we are {cooking} at home again. 

{crock pot} {grill} {microwave}

I sat on a ball with a cutting board on our {covered with a blanket} toilet seat and cut up carrots and meat for pot roast.

Another night we had some of the yummiest chicken we've ever had!

All carefully concocted in our carefully sanitized second {bathroom}.

But it was so good to not only {eat} at home but {make} our own food at home!

Not to complicate things, they cut off power to our dining room, living room ceiling light, and one outlet in our living room.

The outlet where we have a our microwave plugged in.

The living room where we spend the majority of our time.

So we do what we've learned to do...

{adapt}

And then we

{re-adapt}
bIMG_8052

Right? Because that's what you're supposed to do?

But today, that's not where I am.

I'm sitting on the living room floor with two babies in two highchairs in front of me.

In the living room.

There are ritz crackers {everywhere}.

And they're begging for more.

Wouldn't you?

And I hand them another one and watch their sweet eyes light up like it's the best thing they've ever seen!

I love their {excitement} about life.

And then I hear the compressor and nail gun.

the {miter saw}.

And I'm frustrated because I'm exhausted.

I'm {tired} of trying to adapt.

And be flexible.

I'm {tired} of dishes being in my bathroom sink.

I'm {tired} of not having a door on our bathroom.

I'm {tired} of packing up each and every morning for the entire day.

I know, we could stay at my mom's.

But the {babies} refuse to sleep in a pack-n-play right now.

It takes 2 hours to get Addie to sleep there.

So in an effort to be {honest}

while at the same time do all things without grumbling (phil 2:14)

I'll stop there.

And just say, {this is tough}.

It's tougher than I thought it would be. 

But...

I know ALL things work together for good. (romans 8:28) 

Not just some things.

{All} things.

We will have walked through a different fire of sorts and come out unburned. (isaiah 43:2)

{Dusty}

very dusty.

but not burned.

And for that I continue to be thankful.

And we boast in the {hope} of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, {hope}. And {hope} does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. 
romans 5:2b-5

1 comment:

  1. God Love you GIRL!!!! You are in my prayers....I remember when God took us 4 hours from our home just prior to our angels arrival...and then driving every weekend home with them only to return to the rental 4 hours away every monday for a year.....God only gives us what we can handle and it is evident you are one strong mama.....love you...praying for you......those angels are counting on you :)

    ReplyDelete