We've been working on potty training for, oh, I don't know how long. Four months? Six Months? Eight? I was determine that I wasn't going to {drag} daytime potty training out over months and months. We were going to potty train in a
I don't know what my expectations were, but I don't think I fully factored in 1.) having twins, 2.) how difficult outings would be with three, 3.) my very thick headed two year old, 4.) our house/kitchen being in complete upheaval!!!
And she just flat out didn't care!
We {talked} about it. We {sang} about it. We {danced} about it!
We went through stickers, M&Ms, peanut (big) M&Ms, skittles, prize boxes, suckers, gummy worms, gum drops, and slushes.
...and bags and bags of Pull-Ups!
She would do great at home and the minute I'd put her in the car, she would have an accident in.her.car.seat!
So I decided to put it on the back burner. No big deal. Potty when she wants to. Happy dance when she's dry. Pullups when we're out and even sometimes at home.
Apparently {she} had to be ready. Not me!
It had to be time for {her}, not convenient for me.
But all of a sudden, something happened. She was always dry and asked to potty when she needed to. We bit the bullet. No more pull-ups except for nap time (and she most often wakes up dry anyway, but I'm not ready to change sheets yet).
I can count the number of accidents she's had since Christmas on one hand (or maybe 3 fingers).
100% panties at {home}
100% panties at {gramma's} and {grandpas} for fake Christmas.
100% panties at {school}! Yes, at school, on somebody else's watch!
So we celebrated with a Nancy's Italian Ice. Mommy got one too.
And we haven't looked back!

Yayay!! Great job, Addie!! And you know what I'm just as excited about as potty training? The fact that you can hand them a cup of Italian ice and a spoon and not worry about it. That's almost just as exciting. :-)
ReplyDeleteHOORAY FOR ADDIE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Addie! So Anna...when would you like me to bring Drake on over?!
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB ADDIE!!! We are so proud of you! And Anna, you are so right - it's got to be about them, not us :) SO glad y'all are there!
ReplyDeleteYAY Addie!!!!!! I made Elle and outfits almost exactly like the one Addies has on :) Same polka dots up top & same stripes on the pants!
ReplyDelete