Thursday, January 6

Sitting with Grandpa

After spending Christmas day here with my family, we all packed up and headed to Augusta to spend {fake} Christmas day, as Uncle Jay calls it, with Paul's family.

After the party at Gramma's house with her extended family (and before fake Christmas with Grandpa and then Gramma), we headed back to Grandpa's to unpack.

The babies had been fed and were {temporarily} asleep.

And this is what I returned to in the living room.
bIMG_9062
I adored my grandfather, Paw Paw; and I'm pretty sure he might have adored me just as much.

He would read to me. Play school with me and let me correct his handwriting.

I remember the exact chair he sat in and held me the morning we found my new little kitten was no longer alive. I cried. He cried. And he immediately went out and got me a new kitten!

Because that's what grandfathers do.

I am so thankful that Addie has two special grandfathers who, I do believe, adore her about as much as she adores them.

While I probably wouldn't have found myself on the floor sitting in my grandfather's lap (I'm pretty sure he didn't do yoga and drink a fruit smoothie every morning), it brought back sweet memories watching Addie sit with her Grandpa.
Untitled-1
I don't remember the exact conversation, but I'm pretty sure it included discussions about a Safari, a musk ox, zoo lights, and counting the buttons on Grandpa's shirt.

Who better
bIMG_9059
to be in awe of
bIMG_9075
than Grandpa.

4 comments:

  1. what a sweet and precious post that i know they'll both treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures (and your sweet words) have brought tears to my eyes. You capture so much...thank you for sharing your life with so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love that Grandpa!! Who would have thunk it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this. brought tears to my eyes. OH how you will treasure this for years and years to come. and sweet addie will, too! <3

    ReplyDelete