It was a Saturday, and a perfect day to celebrate.
Well, except we were treating 3 ear infections, 2 sets of goopy green eyes, fevers, and strep.
So we knew we'd be staying home.
Paul and I had talked about birthday traditions that we wanted to start with the girls.
We have no idea how long they will want to do any of this...but it was perfect for this year:
a special breakfast, lunch out, a special dinner celebration, and a favorite movie pick that night.
It would be their day.
With everyone sick, lunch out...was, er, out.
But we weren't going to let it ruin our big girl's special day!
So we started it with this:
Toughest pancake I've ever made. Yes, I broke it; but I don't think Addie noticed because she was too busy begging for more syrup!
Then we had a laid back morning with naps for the girls and playing with Addie while a special surprise was being built in our backyard!
After lunch in, it was nap time for all and a promise of that something special in our backyard to be complete when she woke up.
Shortest nap ever!
But thankfully the timing was perfect and so was the weather!
The little girls were still asleep so we brought Addie outside...
Her reaction was like no other, nothing we'd expected. I think she was so completely shocked that she had no idea what to think or do!
But it quickly turned to huge smiles and pleas for playing!
And play we did.
After about 5 minutes of playing, she looked up at us and said thank you for my beautiful playground!
Well, that thanks needed to be spread to grandparents who had helped fund it; so I put my new iphone to good use and emails and text pictures were sent!
The little girls enjoyed themselves too!
Anne Perry felt much better holding on while swinging but laughed and laughed!
Audrey Kate enjoyed her turn, but she was much more interested in standing in the soft leaves and dirt and proclaiming her love for, um, something.
We were so thankful RieRie could come celebrate with us!
After we could play no more, it was time for Addie's birthday dinner.
With the choice of mac-n-cheese, poppyseed chicken, and pizza; Addie had chosen pizza for her special dinner.
So we sat outside and Daddy brought out this!
The 3 slid a little but it was still fairly visible! love it!
This is the only picture I have of the new playset, but I think you can see it even though it's blurred: 3 swings, a slide, and covered area with Addie's favorite: a telescope, wheel, and periscope!
We ate cupcakes and enjoyed our girl's special day.
I'm pretty sure she was pretty tired by then!
After the little girls were in bed, we all piled on the sofa with popcorn sprinkled with reese's (yum!) to watch Dumbo.
Have you seen that movie recently? You know, the one with the flying baby elephant that ends happily ever after? I sure am thankful that I didn't remember it as it actually is. Intoxicated little elephants, psychedelic hallucinations, and waking up in a tree? Goodness! ;)
We're pretty sure that Addie enjoyed her day, and we sure did too!
I think this picture might just sum up our day!
We love you Addie-boo!
More posts to come with pictures from the past and birthday party pictures!












this sweet post made my morning! precious girl and fantastic pics!! (love the cupcakes w/ the swing in the background and those of addie are wonderful!!)
ReplyDeleteAw happy birthday! Her reaction is adorable - I love it!
ReplyDelete