yes. I am dedicating an entire post to our dog.
because he's kinda like our 4th child.
he's sweet. patient. mostly calm. and soft as he can be.
consumes his entire dinner, lunch, and breakfast.
sleeps through the night.
oh, and he eat shoes.
we've lost 3 shoes in two weeks to this little guy, 2 of which have been Addie's.
but the coolest thing happened early yesterday morning.
one or the other of the little girls likes to get up somewhere between 5:30am & 6:30am to eat.
Finn likes to head outside and lay in the cool dirt when the little girls wake him up.
this morning was no different.
Anne Perry was up at 5:30 and Audrey Kate up around 6:30.
But I woke up at 6:15 and for some reason started worrying that the workmen might have been in the backyard yesterday and possibly not closed the gate all the way.
I got up without my glasses to get Audrey Kate and peaked out the kitchen window.
The gate was just cracked enough that I could see it without my glasses (ok, so it had to be cracked enough for an almost blind person to see...because that's me without my glasses/contacts).
I calmly went back and got them.
It was open.
I took a deep breath. We've had him two weeks. He's fit perfectly in our family, our life, and our home (minus the shoes he's eaten). We just got him fixed Monday.
I was heading to the backyard praying that he was still back there when I heard a whine at the front door.
And there he was. He was so happy to be inside. So happy to be home!
...and he'd been waiting for us at the front door!
I'm thinking it's confirmed:
he's a pretty awesome dog.


No comments:
Post a Comment