Invitations. Planning. Cakes. Decorating.
But I think this year tops the list
...in fun.
and in work!
I should have known the first birthday party would have to be rescheduled when the first cake started like this:
Thankfully having to reschedule because Addie was sick gave us a little more time to create this:
and put the finishing touches on all these Sweets...
And after all those sweets, we had to make sure we didn't cause any cavities.
My favorite part used to be the cake. Now I think it stresses me out! But after my friend Anna told me about gum paste,
Addie's appliquéd outfit, made by Rie Rie with fabric that Gramma helped choose, turned out pretty cute if I'm allowed to say. And after
But I think this has to be one of my favorites!
The party was more than I could have ever imagined! The rain held off so we spent most of the time outside.Daddy grilled
And so many sweet friends and family came, all the way from Atlanta and Augusta!
(I would have never made it without my aunt, Nana! She called me Thursday and asked to come help! Thank you Nana for all you did!)
And even sweet Kennedy (Thomas' baby sister) came in her sweet lollipop dress! Can we say adorable?!?!?

But after everyone ate, it was time for cake. And for a little girl who sings Happy Birthday all.the.time. to everyone else, it was pure bliss to hear everyone sing Happy Birthday to her! And it was that moment that caught me off guard, as everyone begin to sing. Friends. Family. Moms and Dads. Children. I didn't know Happy Birthday could be so beautiful until it was sung by people who truly love my little girl and our family! Blessed. So very blessed!
I loved watching her face and smile! And finally it was time to really blow out the candles!The pull pinata was a huge hit! Since we had so much candy inside waiting for the kids to make goodie bags with, there were small toys: rings, necklaces, bubbles, bouncy balls, etc in the pinata.
Oh. And a handful of suckers. You think the birthday girl was excited here! (thank you Erin for taking these pictures!)
As I look back on this day and the days (or weeks) preceding it, I am reminded at what amazing, precious friends and family we have! I had family helping me finish painting the kitchen. More family here the day before and day of tirelessly working to get things straight and ready. I had friends who helped me bake cakes, make chocolate covered goodies, had Addie over to play for the morning, even one who brought a yummy mexican dip to the party, and two in specific that were fervently praying for things to go smoothly. And then there's my husband who kneaded color into gum paste and stayed up late with me to finish the cake in addition to everything else he did!
Amazing. Precious. Selfless. Wonderful.
Thankful. Blessed.
Happy Birthday our Big Girl! We love you
and so do many, many others!
















Oh what a PERFECT party - that cake is just beautiful :-) and she is adorable too :-)
ReplyDeleteI was a beautiful party, but the best part was all the LOVE. Thank you for including us. :o)
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm digging everything about the party -- good work, Mom and Dad!!! Such a beautiful celebration for a precious little one!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful party and what an amazing cake! It looks like Addie had a wonderful birthday!
ReplyDeleteAdorable!!!!
ReplyDelete