Monday, April 25

Outdoor Babies

*disclaimer on my firsts post: although I try really hard to make things fair in the now for our 3 girls, if anyone compared 1.) the number of pictures, 2.) the number of posts, or 3.) the number of documented milestones (or documented anything!) of the girls and Addie...Addie would win by leaps and bounds!

But to make up for that (or not!), I grabbed a few pictures of the little girls outside the other day.

This fun slide was a gift for Addie a few years ago. It stayed inside in our living room for a long time until it a.) became too big (with the other toys) and b.) became a potential hazard for Addie and Cady.

So outside on the deck it went and was still played with almost as much. Addie still loves it, and now the little girls are going to be able to start enjoying it too! It's just their size!
bIMG_2617
I love how Audrey Kate is looking at me and Anne Perry is looking at her. They are just so sweet together!
bIMG_2620
A tad on the serious side, this little girl loves to stand up and hold on but hasn't quite figured out how to go from standing back to sitting...which results in some tense moments.
bIMG_2623
And this adventurous little girls isn't afraid to get dirty! She crawled right through the hole and onto the cool dirt...and didn't miss a beat!
bIMG_2624
Now I've just got to get that ant colony that I found later that day after I took these pictures! Thankfully the little girls standing there didn't disrupt them like me moving it did!

Our Easter was very low key this year. I didn't get the girls dresses finished, so I'll have to post pictures of those later. But we did enjoy a fun day with just us and an Addie Easter egg hunt! So, as usual...pictures to come!

A quick story:
Addie's teachers at school used the Resurrection Eggs to tell her class the story of Easter.

Addie came home and was so proud to show me her eggs she found during their Easter Egg hunt.

She sat at the table, and I asked her what she was doing. She told me:

I'm looking for Jesus (as she opened each egg).

Me: Well where is He?

Addie: (very matter-of-factly) All the eggs are empty. He's not here. He rolled away!

Oh how I love her!

"...for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it...The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead!..."
Matthew 28: 2b, 5-7a

No comments:

Post a Comment