Sunday, June 5

Staying Cool

It has been brutally hot here over the past few weeks. We were stuck inside for 8 days with everyone being sick, so I don't think I realized the intensity of the heat and humidity until this past week.

We started the week with popsicles outside!

And then brought out the baby pools. To the front yard...

With heat in the south comes mosquitoes. Even with my hate for all things toxic chemicals, I hate my girls being covered in mosquito bites even more. And then there were the {verified} reports of west nile virus found in our area a few years ago. Toxic chemicals it is.

But they aren't working! So we've {temporarily} moved to the front yard!

Baby pool from last year for Addie. Splash pool for the babies. And Abbey's old dog pool for Finn.

You know you're a red neck if you have 3 baby pools in your front yard! Right? Don't worry. We move them before we go in. ;)

Apparently Finn had other ideas for staying cool. He chewed off his leash (within minutes). As I was taking pictures of Addie in the sprinkler, this ran into the frame!
bIMG_4593
So while Finn was banned to the backyard, we spent time attempting to stay cool in the front!

I was so thankful my mom was willing to brave the heat with me! There's no way I would have been able to get a single picture (or keep my sanity...or cool) without her!
bIMG_4651
Anne Perry thought she had it made (and I was clearly preventing her from continuing her fun here!)! Just wait until I catch on camera the look she gave me today...
bIMG_4634
She loved the water.
 bIMG_4615
Loved the splashing.
bIMG_4600
Loved being able to go wherever and do virtually whatever she wanted!
Untitled-1

All of a sudden I turned around and she was splashing in Finn's pool!
bIMG_4633
...continuing to enjoy herself!

Of course Addie enjoyed herself (in her swimsuit that is already too small)!
bIMG_4603
She also enjoyed helping Anne Perry enjoy herself too! Never underestimate the strength of a 3 year old!
addiecarrying
She even ASKED (yes, you read that correctly) for me to take this picture!
bIMG_4699
But the funniest thing was when she looked up at the clouds and busted out with, "Oh look! It's an alligator!" Love her imagination!
bIMG_4661
This is pretty much what Audrey Kate did the majority of our time outside:
bIMG_4632
That is, when she wasn't doing this! (yes, it broke my heart!)
aktears
Oh how I love her sweet baby cheeks!
bIMG_4629
She was not a fan of the cold pool, wet grass or water spraying in her face! Thankfully she decided to get down and crawl around...
bIMG_4666
...and figured out she actually enjoyed it!
ak
And she was super happy when Daddy came home!
bIMG_4704
We all were!

Have I mentioned how much I love those sweet baby cheeks? :)
bIMG_4682
Hope everyone is staying cool too!

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures. Audrey is literally Paul's twin. ;-)

    Ian was sitting on the porch with me today and said one of the clouds looked like the horse that he has in his bed. Cracked me up, but it really kind of did!

    ReplyDelete