Sunday, July 10

Highlands: Creek Time

I don't even know where to begin with these posts. I think I have at least 7 planned.

So get ready for a lot of pictures!

Last week we packed the car and headed to Highlands, North Carolina to spend a few days with my aunt. Those few days quickly morphed into almost a week! She has a beautiful house there and was so gracious to invite us to come! I went up a few days before Paul with my mom and the girls.

If the trip up was any reflection on how the week would have gone, I think I would have turned around right then and gone home! Thankfully, as you will see, it turned out to be a most amazing time!

We spent cool mornings walking to town and warm afternoons playing in creeks. There were beautiful flowers, delicious mountain food, precious family, and celebrating the 4th.

But it was playing in the creek that seemed to be a highlight for Addie. So that's where we will begin!
creek1
My aunt had heard there was a creek running behind the Nature Center/Botanical Gardens, and Paul's mom had seen one near the Art Museum. What better for a 3 year old than to get to play in a creek!

So that's what we did...3 times I believe to be exact!

She wasn't exactly sure at first...
creek2
but it took no time at all for her to jump in...and jump and splash and play!
creek4
A few days later, we found the creek near the Art Museum with Paul's mom. By then, Daddy was with us!
creek3
Although much more of a rocky mountain creek (which caused quite a few very wet falls), it was also much more spacious. Here she was getting water in the top of an acorn and watering the plants. :)
creek8
But of course, it didn't take long for the jumping and the splashing to start here either!
creek9
Lots of it!
creek7
It was so cool and so beautiful!
creek5
And I'm pretty sure our big girl had a whole lot of fun!
creek6
Stay tuned for many, many more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment