I don't often blog about what I'm doing outside our girl's lives.
Mainly because most of my time is spent with our girls. It's my job, and I take it very seriously.
However, that doesn't mean that all of my time is spent with them. That wouldn't be good for any of us!
I have the most incredible husband who's supported my love of photography for many years now. He'll pull over on the side of a random country road to let me get some pictures. He'll sit with me for hours while I edit. He'll drag everyone out to the front yard and jump up and down to get the girls to smile. And he'll spend whole days, from the time the girls wake up until they go to bed, being mommy and daddy.
That love has grown a little over the years and has become more than just a hobby.
It might be once a month. Sometimes twice. It's always on a Saturday. And it involves long, exhausting, joyful days of celebration.
And it's spent not only with a very talented lady but an incredible friend.
I've learned more from Allison while actually doing something I love than I could ever learn reading a book or studying a technique. I could quote you terms or explain how something should be done.
But doing it is a whole different ball of yarn!
I'm pretty honored to be second shooting weddings with Allison. Honored and humbled and nervous and probably a little giddy at times! When I told her I'd do it (ok, when I begged her to let me do one with her just for fun), I had no idea we'd be where we are today...with weddings not only booked out a year in advance on her calendar but now on mine too as her second shooter.
I am so thankful for each opportunity I have to shoot with Allison. I am thankful for my dedicated, fully present husband who is the most amazing daddy to our girls. I am thankful for Allison's friendship and her willingness to share her talent with others. I am thankful. God is good. All the time.
And so is His timing.
While the goal of a second shooter is to stay out of the photographer line of vision, it's pretty much impossible and other times purposeful to end up in a few (when you have your camera pointed straight at her and her's straight at you!)!
Here's a fun post Allison did that I think you might enjoy...
Ode to Second Shooters
loved the cute poem you linked to. Second shooting is such great experience. I'd love to find a great opportunity like you have around here.
ReplyDelete