Monday, July 25

Really Walking: Audrey Kate

Today, at 14 months, 2 weeks and 6 days old, I can officially say that Audrey Kate is a walker.
bIMG_8282
She prefers to walk instead of crawl. She rebalances herself if she starts to stumble. She can pivot and change direction. And if she falls, she gets right back up and keeps going!
bIMG_8254
She's been working on it for a few weeks now. She's made it on facebook far more than either of her sisters lately with all of her climbing.
akwalking1
Benches. Chairs. Tricycles. Sofas. Stools.

And she has her fair share of bumps, scrapes, and bruises already!
bIMG_8280
But she is oh.so.proud. of herself!
akwalking2
So today (really yesterday), I decided to take her out to the front porch and video her sweet toddling steps, just like I did Addie a little over 2 years ago! Seems like yesterday and forever ago all rolled into one!

and yes, i clicked at her like a dog! Finn even woke up when i was rewatching the video! whatever works, right?

I just love her excited noises! and she loved that flower i was using to lure her towards me.

yippee!

love this sweet big girl!
bIMG_8270
congratulations Audrey Kate on your first of many big steps! we love you baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so happy you shared - it's just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! So far, two of mine were 14.5 months and one was 16 months. It will be interesting to see when Milla Jean will do it.

    ReplyDelete