Sunday, June 15

Happy Father's Day!

I never knew how wonderful it would be to see a new Daddy with his baby girl. Paul is an amazing daddy. I have to admit, I was a little worried when he expected to hold her "like the minister does" (head in one hand, bottom in the other, out toward the congregation) and we had to watch "A Baby Story" a few times so he could see how to properly hold Addie when she came (i think we used Fuzz as an example too)...and i was a little worried when he was afraid to change her diaper before her umbilical cord fell off and only wanted to hold her with his right arm. But then again the diaper champ was always emptied, we always had dinner, I always knew her bath would be run and he would have the towel ready (and he'll even pull her out of the tub and hand her to me now!), and the litter box was always clean (well...usually clean).

After a mere 3 months, he is not afraid to hold her with his left arm (and has actually held her on his shoulder!), has decided that he's actually benefiting when she refuses to stop crying unless he stands up (because it provides even more exercise for him), has lost almost 25 pounds since she was born (working out almost every day and eating only 1 dessert a month...and sticking with it!), can't stop his heart from breaking when she cries, and has actually dressed her a few times! It's awesome how such a little one can totally alter your life.

I've witnessed first hand that...he has lots of patience, give lots of support, changes lots of diapers, wakes up a lot with me and Addie (even on week nights), can immediately talk in a sweet little voice when Addie starts talking to him, melts when she smiles at him, and has lots more patience with me even when I don't with him...and he is officially the best daddy in the world! Happy 1st Father's Day!

March 19, 2008

June 15, 2008

1 comment: