the sunset on the way down to Gulf Shores
I have a totally new perspective on "going to the beach" now...
We managed to get out of the house only an hour after we'd hoped (which is pretty typical for us). The car was packed full...for a two day trip! We had 1 suitcase, 1 backpack, 2 diaper bags, a beach bag, a camera bag, a pack-n-play, jogging stroller, cooler, cat, and litter box. (and mommy, daddy, and a baby) I thought that was pretty good.
So...then the realization hits me that no trip will EVER be the same! I start out in the backseat (a place I try to avoid so i dont get sick feeling) with Addie and the bottle. We're all of a sudden driving down the road listening to the "Praise Baby" CD (because Addie likes it), trying to ignore Addie's keys jingling in the background, the cat starts meowing, and then we hear it...Addie's holding her breath and then theres the grunt. We know what that means...she's a ticking time bomb (somewhat literally!) and we're risking a blow out!
At one point, I looked back and Addie was looking over her car seat at me like..."where are we going and what are you thinking dragging me 3 hours to the beach?!?!?" Fortunately she has no idea that our next two trips will consist of being in the car over 6 hours...just one way!
My dad and Pat live at the beach now...in a condo only yards away from the water! It's beautiful and relaxing. They were kind enough to let us come stay for a few days even though their weekend was totally packed! We enjoyed a yummy Father's Day dinner with my dad at a local seafood restaurant called the Fish Camp. While the weather wasn't completely cooperative, we did spend some fun time on the beach and at the pool...and bottom line, it was totally stress free!
Instead of heading to the beach with just a cooler, sunscreen, and a few towels...we ventured down to the beach with...
a jogging stroller containing Addie,
a camera,
two umbrellas,
two chairs,
a beach bag
(with numerous towels, blankets, diapers, wipes, and burp clothes), and
her play mat.
Paul got the umbrellas up while I soaked Addie in sun screen. I thought I burned easily...After a few tears, we headed down to the water in which we promptly got splashed and Addie gave me her pouty lip "saying: seriously mom..."
Addie watching the water from a safe distance!
Then we headed to the pool to try out Addie's new life jacket. It is the tiniest, cutest thing! She didn't much like it "on land" but once she got in the water, she was a happy, floating baby!

enough swimming for today...zonked out! i think i see a few curls here...might just be the humidity, but we're hopeful!
sweet sweet sleep! she's just started putting her hand on her face when she's tired or asleep. she usually prefers to have her "lovey" in her hand next to her face.
a Gulf Shore sunset...after a storm











No comments:
Post a Comment