Saturday, July 19

4 Months Old

Four months seems sort of like "14" to me...no longer 13 (a preteen) but not 16 (and driving)...just a plain ol' teenager!. She's not 3 months but not 6 months...she's somewhere in between. And thankfully...not a teenager! Ok...so maybe I'm over analyzing 4 months here. Anyway...

A few milestones Addie has met over the past month...
  • holds her head up
  • rolls over...both directions
  • found her hands, which are constantly in her mouth now
  • scoots backwards and around in circles on her back
  • found her tongue and makes some oh so unpleasant (unless you're a baby) but oh so cute noises!
  • blows spit bubbles in mass quantities
  • talks up a storm
  • smiles when she sees Mommy and Daddy (no, it's not just gas)
  • loves to "stand"
  • doesn't so much love to "sit"
  • laughs!!!
And a few things she's experienced...
  • can put herself to sleep in her own crib (at night...but not at nap times!)
  • takes a bath without the little infant hammock in her baby tub
  • loves her new "jumpy jump"...and has figured out how to jump in it (in addition to turning endless circles)
  • no longer "loves" her car seat and protests greatly (by arching her back and screeching at me) when I put her in (and we're not spending that much time in the car!)
  • went to Tennessee (a new state)
  • rode in a boat...3 times now (a pontoon boat and ski boat)
  • has seen fireworks, twice
  • met half of her "1st cousins once removed"
  • outgrown a significant (or significant to Mommy) amount of clothes
  • and I'm sure there are many things I'm forgetting!
So here are some "extra" pictures that I didn't blog about, but I still thought were fun!

reading with Daddy...either very interesting (ohhhhh!) or very boring (yawn) :)


Addie's actually started holding on. This felt more like a 1st hug! She can now sit (with me supporting her with great care) on my hip!


Addie's Nana (my aunt) sent her this cute t-shirt with ladybugs and a sweet message on it that she had made in Charleston...Addie loves her Nana too!


Mollie loves Addie
(yes, that's Mollie's tongue :/)
#1 I cant believe she's doing that and
#2 I can't believe I caught it on camera!


look at that head control! she must be looking up at the TV. The only time I let her watch it is when she's on her tummy, and I'm trying to keep her there for a few minutes at least!


We're not just kicking things with one foot, we're now grabbing them with both feet!


hanging on...even when she's asleep
(yes, we found her like this...we didn't stage it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment