Thursday, July 3

My (Addie's) New Toy

(been meaning to publish this post for several weeks now...so here it is)

I've been wanting to get Addie a "jungle gym" type toy for a few weeks now. She was so fascinated with the toy she would kick (see previous post), that i thought she'd love having something else to reach for and kick at (and she loves being on her back!). We had some credit at Storkland and found this fun toy there! We even took it to the beach and the lake.

My special ed background kicks in periodically, and I was so excited to watch Addie"cross her midline" (something a lot of kids have trouble doing) as she reached for a hanging toy and actually rolled to her side! Since then, she loves to roll to her side, and she can easily roll from front to back. She doesnt seem to ever stay in one place anymore either. She's constantly scooting across the mat or turning in circles! I'd better get used to that!

Here a few pics of her (our) new toy!
rolling to her side!

so exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment