our blue eyed baby girl
Paul, Addie, and I went to St. Simon's Island last Friday to vacation with Addie's Gramma and her husband Albert, as well as Uncle Jay, and Aunt Millie! Watch for a future blog post about this part of the vacation. I also have family in St. Simon's, and we got to visit them as well! My mother's 1st cousin, Nancy and her husband, John, live on Sea Island. Their girls, Liz and Lynn, and their girls, Caroline, Colby, Perry, and Nell were also visiting for the week. So...we headed over to Sea Island to visit them!Perry, Caroline, Colby (holding Addie), and Nell
Addie loved getting to meet her cousins (and I think they might have enjoyed meeting her too!). After attempting to explain to them how we were all related, I resorted to just saying that their Nana (Nancy) and my Mom were like them, 1st cousins. Now, I think I got the facts straight there, but saying that their Nana's daddy and my Maw Maw, neither of which they knew, were brother and sister and that somehow connected us just didn't cut it!
Lynn, Liz, John (holding Addie), Nancy, and Anna
Mary Burdell (also a 1st cousin to my Mom) and her husband Billy live on St. Simon's Island as well. Mary's mother, Gran Fran (my great aunt, and Addie's great, great aunt), also lives here. Gran Fran is Addie's only "great, great" anything (I think)! We had a wonderful time visiting with them!Gran Fran and Mary (holding Addie)


Miles the cat in our dryer
It was wonderful for Addie to get to meet some of the Green's (which is Nancy and Mary's maiden name as well as my grandmother's!) So now that I've totally confused everyone as to who these people are, let's just say, it's wonderful to get to see extended family!!!
Gran Fran's husband, Henry Green, helped create a beautiful garden across from Christ
Church where Charles Wesley actually spoke in St. Simons. A sweet couple walked in the same time we did and offered to take our picture. I, of course, had to proudly explain to them why we were taking pictures of this memorial...that this was my great uncle and Addie's great, great uncle. They were quite impressed! (or at least appeared to be!)

On a side note, our cat, Miles used to belong to Mary's son, Will. Somehow, my mom ended up bringing Miles home from St. Simon's and now we have her! Now that cat has done some traveling! :)

Miles the cat in our dryer




Sounds like a fun trip. We are headed to the beach this weekend and I need some traveling tips and beach tips for a 4 month old. Can you help me? By the way, Win A. is my cousin!!
ReplyDeleteKatie
Okay, I'm confused. I quit trying to figure out how you were all related by the 3rd paragraph. I'm just glad that you had fun nad that Addie loved meeting her cousins. I can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDelete