Friday, August 1

Rice Cereal...

Ok...so we did it. I didn't want to...why? I don't know. I guess it's going to be one of the many times when we realize our baby is growing up. It's only just beginning...

With a diagnosis of reflux, Addie's pediatrician suggested that we start her on rice cereal once a day to help things "stick" better and come back up less! We tried it for the first time Wednesday night. It wasn't bad...just very messy! We tried again tonight...and it was much more of a success! I think more went down than out this time! She actually seemed to enjoy it! (see the video below) Paul took some great pictures and here are a few...

(you can click on the collage above to see the pictures bigger)


"oooooh, let's see if I can spit it at you!"


"Just see how much you can catch as I spit it out!!!"
(our 4 month old definitely looks like she has a comb-over!)


we did get a few great smiles! :)

Video
(click to view)
It's actually a little freaky to me with "the hand" and spoon coming out of nowhere! The dogs were just dying to get their noses (or mouths) into the bowl/spoon. I'm having to concentrate extra hard to 1) hold the camera, 2) get the spoon in her mouth while she's jumping around, and 3) keep the dogs out of it! Maybe I can still multi-task? She's obviously excited about something...but I'm doubting it's the cereal! :)
(i am officially asking for a digital video camera for Christmas...sorry this is so shaky!)

3 comments:

  1. I may be a gramma but I think this is about the cutest video I have ever seen...and yes I think you are the definition of multi-tasking. xoxomargaret/gramma/gummi

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO adorable! I think she liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Oh, I remember it well. Also, if you have a bumpo seat, you might try sitting her in that to feed her. We did that with Will before he could sit in a highchair. It worked pretty well.

    ReplyDelete