She did it.
After weeks of rolling and sit-scooting and face planting, we have a crawler.
Our lives will never be the same.
Wednesday night she decided that she wanted a computer cable that was on the floor and army crawled right to it!
In a straight line.
Without rolling from tummy to back and back to tummy.
With minimal face planting.
With a bottom periodically in the air.
With legs bending.
She did it.
I'll never be able to vacuum frequently enough to get all of the little pieces of randomness off the floor (that she already tries to eat).
Everything will never always be put away.
My floor will never be clean enough.
Forget keeping her on the blanket.
I spent most of today repositioning her on the floor out from underneath the sofa or chair, out from on top of the AC vent, and away from the cord plugged into the wall.
I'm just trying to keep her near the blanket!
Don't worry, you say?
I know.
But I am entitled to a 1st-time-mom-freak-out-moment every once in a while, right?
YIPPIE!! That's so awesome!! No, your life will never be the same, but it is so much fun! Enjoy this new stage! Before ya know it, she'll be walking!! What a cutie pie! Enjoy! We love you guys! -Julie
ReplyDeleteBoy you are in for it!!! Edward started the "army crawl" about 2 1/2 weeks ago and he is into EVERYTHING!!!! I swear he gets better and faster at it. I totally feel your pain about keeping the floors clean. Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteha ha ha... i love it! and she's so pleased with herself! i won't say don't worry- but unless you plan to put her in a hamster ball, she'll eat hair & dirt. and she'll be fine! look how well we turned out! : )
ReplyDeletelove you!