Monday, November 17

Not Me! Monday

I did not put another Dr. Pepper in the frig again, only to forget about it. It didn't freeze solid. It didn't spew all over me. It didn't even fizz everywhere when I opened it. It didn't have the chance. It did however do all of the above in my freezer, all over the bags of baby food, bread, kashi sandwiches, and supper supers! Will I ever learn...nope, not me!

I am certainly not watching Hook while I type this. Never Land anyone?

My sweet mom (Addie's Rie Rie) did buy Addie a brand new Little People 1st Nativity and bring it over Saturday afternoon. They did have a wonderful time playing with it. But we did not lose track of one of the pieces...a sheep...when Abbey (or Mollie) grabbed it and chewed a hole in it. I was not relieved that it wasn't the "Mr. T donkey" because I certainly wouldn't care more about the donkey than the sheep! I have not now counted the exact number of Little People and Little Animals to ensure that each time we put it away that everyone is accounted for! Nope...not me!


I did not miss my best friend's little boy's birthday party yesterday. I did not almost start crying when I found out. Thank goodness it was just a huge miscommunication (it really was) between our husbands. We'd never rely on our husbands, who work together, to relay messages back to us. Never, not us!


We did not come home to this...


or walk into this...

Our dogs are much better behaved than that!

Now...what did you not do this week! Make sure to visit MckMama's blog! Sweet baby Stellan is already 2 and a half weeks old!

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. I am so bad at this. I try every Monday to think of something to say. In fact, I ahve started obsessing all week about what did NOT happen to me so I would be ready for your post. And then Monday comes, and nothing. I guess I could say, I did not make my baby scream in terror for the entire 4 hours of the Alabama-LSU game. I would never be a loud screaming maniac that terrified my own child. Not me. Did that work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Are those diapers that those puppy dogs did NOT shred? Wow... I thought only my kid could make a mess like that!

    By the way... Addie is just beautiful! And I love her name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my kitties would never take my clothes and string them about the house and Dr. Pepper is better served shaken and frozen. Your daughter is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha!! i love you anna... anyone else would have "accidently" let those dogs go by now, but NOT YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words! That means so much to me. Your little Addie is just adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh this week I definitely had a Not Me Monday!! I did NOT wake up to the sound of my sick son throwing up, in my bathroom (across the house from his own bathroom) and run in to see that he had not made it to the toilet (really he did not!)...I did NOT then spend an hour cleaning and comforting him, soaking clothes and rugs, and mopping floors. I did not simply change my gross shirt instead of taking a shower (at 3 a.m.) and I DEFINITELY did NOT eagerly throw away a bathroom towel that I used to clean up with, but then spend a whole minute staring at the ruined People magazine trying to decide if it could be salvaged!! I do NOT prioritize like that lol!

    Rootie I love your blog, and I do NOT squelch my desire to start my own by simply posting long comments on yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, we had a doggie mess like that this week, at least ours was in the garage.

    ReplyDelete