Because we live to eat instead of eat to live! Right?
You can't go to the beach without eating seafood, that is, unless you hate it or it hates you!
But this has never been my idea of seafood.
{oysters} I just don't get how or why people want to eat a rubbery mass (that looks an awful lot like gray snot), soaked in sea water, on a saltine cracker! RAW! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's delicious. I know there are some sushi and raw seafood lovers out there. Not me! Ewwww!
Fortunately we had some excellent
A 16 month old in tow would not have been a pretty combination, so we just played on the beach. However, I did get into cleaning them.
Really. I did. I had no idea those yummy, chewy scallops started out here!
Or that it could take SO long to clean them!
Albert's shirt should have deterred the bugs from biting us...
Unfortunately, the yellow flies refused to BUZZ OFF; and the three of us got bitten several times. However, I was the only one who reacted. I guess 11 bites, 7 of which were on my right foot, would cause most people to itch, swell, and otherwise be miserable for several days. Although I'm sure I've been stung before, I don't recall those as being painful for days; but I have been bitten by my fair share of mosquitoes, fleas, and other flies (at camp). These were by far the worst fly bites I've ever encountered! My ankle is still black and blue! Ouch!
I digress again! Back to the food theme...
We even dared to all go out to dinner one night...
(check out Addie's face!)
The kids had a very different idea of food:
Cheetos...
milk...
and watermelon in a martini glass of course!
And after a fun day at the beach, good dinner, and yummy desserts, we all put our heads together for a game of:
They won...
We didn't.
But it doesn't matter, because have I mentioned it was beautiful!??!?













I am so enjoying the beach posts!
ReplyDelete